Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Could Bayern come calling?

By all accounts they and Barcelona are admirers but feel he won't leave us. We have shown that you build the club around him. He'd have to fit in with Bayern's structure.

I love the passion shown in the clip above.  He has the owners at his side and the belief that he can take us to somewhere special.  Long may it continue.  

15 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He's a proper "angry celebrator". I love it. I know because I'm one too.

There's a video somewhere of me just after the playoff final properly losing it in the stands. That poor family.

• Like 1

When they asked him about who was available for Sunday and he went through the injuries and said "Mings, Buendia, Ramsey and Kamara", it really hit home how stunning of a job he's doing. Those were literally 4 of our best players last season, and cover the entire length of the pitch in terms of position. That he currently has us in 4th and in a European semi-final is simply staggering. 

• Like 2

The injury list often gets overlooked by people outside of the club, it’s barely ever recognised or acknowledged tbh. That’s partly down to the fact Unai never complains about it and never blames injuries for defeats. He breeds a genuine ‘no excuse’ culture into the squad and makes every player feel valued. Plenty more coaches whinge about their injuries and the media plaster it everywhere. We operate somewhat under the radar, just how Unai likes it. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 3

If we get champions league and win the conference this season will be right up there with anything we have done in modern history. Probably our third best season after winning the league and then winning the European cup.

I have absolutely no doubt that by the time Emery leaves us - which will hopefully be long from now and his retirement from football - he will undoubtedly be the greatest manager in our modern history. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

If we get champions league and win the conference this season will be right up there with anything we have done in modern history. Probably our third best season after winning the league and then winning the European cup.

I have absolutely no doubt that by the time Emery leaves us - which will hopefully be long from now and his retirement from football - he will undoubtedly be the greatest manager in our modern history. 

True.  I often wonder what our ceiling is under Unai.  Do we think we could win the Premier League within 5 years?  

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

True.  I often wonder what our ceiling is under Unai.  Do we think we could win the Premier League within 5 years?  

We could.

I don’t believe we will. I think what will likely happen is we’ll bounce around 3rd to 7th over the next few years, trophy here and there. I’m saying that almost flippantly but that would be fantastic.

But yes, we could win it. If we can play the best team off the park, beat the second best team home and away…it wouldn’t be the most ridiculous thing to say that a team that can do that could ultimately win it.

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

We could.

I don’t believe we will. I think what will likely happen is we’ll bounce around 3rd to 7th over the next few years, trophy here and there. I’m saying that almost flippantly but that would be fantastic.

But yes, we could win it. If we can play the best team off the park, beat the second best team home and away…it wouldn’t be the most ridiculous thing to say that a team that can do that could ultimately win it.

Pep leaving City would be a game changer with Klopp gone too.  I think we could be challenging in 3 years if Unai stays.

• Like 2

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Pep leaving City would be a game changer with Klopp gone too.  I think we could be challenging in 3 years if Unai stays.

We would be this season if we didn't have so many inhuries.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

The injury list often gets overlooked by people outside of the club, it’s barely ever recognised or acknowledged tbh. That’s partly down to the fact Unai never complains about it and never blames injuries for defeats. He breeds a genuine ‘no excuse’ culture into the squad and makes every player feel valued. Plenty more coaches whinge about their injuries and the media plaster it everywhere. We operate somewhat under the radar, just how Unai likes it. 

So true, such a breath of fresh air, and I couldn't be any more of a fan of it. Emery is such a breath of fresh air, and also working magic that no other manager could even get close to. What a man. There are no heroes, there are no superstars, there is a team and coaching staff that do every single thing they can to be the best, and it's amazing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes 👍 

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I love the bloke, and he's doing a phenomenal job here, but a chart that considers CL wins the same as a Conference League win is pretty much without value.

If you look at win percentages and ignore which competitions they're in, Steve Bruce looks like the second best Villa manager in the last 30 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â