Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One thing Unai has brought is a resilience, snatching results late on is what Fergusons United or Klopps Liverpool have done, sometimes even in games we arent really in like last night

Lille, Sheffield United, Luton, Arsenal, Palace, Bournemouth, Brentford, Burnley, Boro, AZ and Mostar are all games we have scored big goals after 80 minutes. Incredible

Definitely a trait we have developed under emery. Under Smith and Gerrard it was more about conceding after 80minutes.

• Like 3

Seriously not worried about Unai being poached, he's done PSG and Arsenal, he's had a taste of that and it was bitter. The guy has found his home. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Could Bayern come calling?

I don't think Emery would leave the project yet, maybe in the future when he's felt he's achieved enough here.  Bayern won't have a shortage to manager to choose from, and seems like they still want Alonso, so may go for a stop gap until next summer.  

I've watched his other teams in Europe before and Emery's teams just have this ability to stay in the game despite not playing well and somehow find a way to get a result.

• Like 1

It's just mentality isn't it - that he's installed in these players. They've been drilled not to let their heads go down even at one or two down and to stick to the method. Then the method works and reinforces the mentality. And on it goes back and forth until they all have elite mentality. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Being linked with Liverpool my lad just said he heard on the radio

If it was TalkSport, you can go ahead and ignore it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I don't think Emery would leave the project yet, maybe in the future when he's felt he's achieved enough here.  Bayern won't have a shortage to manager to choose from, and seems like they still want Alonso, so may go for a stop gap until next summer.  

I can't recall exactly where; it might have been Guillem Bllague; but someone said quite categorically - Emery would only leave Villa for Real or Barca, with Athletico Madrid a possibility.

I would like to think he will want to take us to a trophy and the Champions League at the very least before thinking about moving. 

But he truly has an opportunity to be like our Wenger if he sticks around for say a decade. That would make him a legendary of the Premier League era.

On 16/04/2024 at 17:12, omariqy said:

This whole podcast episode is just perfection 

Looking forward to the next…

They’re unrivalled, at least for the entertainment factor, imo… have some great and accurate takes too with a healthy dose of humour 😆

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Being linked with Liverpool my lad just said he heard on the radio

Ruben Amorim is going there by all accounts , so I think we can rule that one out 

• Thanks 1

His teams win games .if we can be honest we have only being brilliant maybe 10 games since he came in.  Plenty play better football than his teams but when it truly matters so far he has always delivered. And when i say when it truly matters i mean when at crucial times in a season. As others have said he can stay in games that we shouldnt be still alive in , and then get over the line. 

Alot of managers are able to develop a do not lose mentality when being pragmatic. Unai is able to develop a winning mentality while being pragmatic. 

Just now, MapleVilla said:

I saw a clip on Instagram and it looked like he punched the air that many times he almost fell over.

Need to see it!!

I love this man so much and I think he loves Villa too. Can’t see him wanting to go anywhere else any time soon, he’s not achieved his goals with us yet. The wave he’s riding has nowhere near peaked. 

• Like 2

Â