Unai Emery

PeterSw

30 minutes ago, Mantis said:

This thread regularly drops off the first page because ultimately, what even is there to discuss at this point? We all know he's world class.

I bet he’s got a seven incher. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought of myself as. 52 year old strongly heterosexual man but Christ almighty this man has me thinking I might be gay. He's just perfect.

• Haha 1

The man has managed at PSG and Arsenal, I imagine he's seen the "bright lights big city" bullshit at this point and might be over it.

Villa have given him the keys, we can do no more. If and when we have to replace him, people know our ambition, and they know our potential now. Sufficed to say, if someone like Gerrard wants to come here in the future, they'd better have a ticket.

• Like 1

I love that he always looks at new ways to play against teams, so it's hard for other managers to work out how to play against us as he changes our play based on the opposition so there is no set way of playing. Add to that we tend to change style of play based of personnel and also form of players and we really are such a hard team to play against.

He's an effing genius.

Tactics spot on today. He switched it up a little, going a little more direct knowing how tired the players would be. 
I thought we could make a few subs earlier, but suppose the Brentford capitulation was still on his mind 

3 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I love that he always looks at new ways to play against teams, so it's hard for other managers to work out how to play against us as he changes our play based on the opposition so there is no set way of playing. Add to that we tend to change style of play based of personnel and also form of players and we really are such a hard team to play against.

He's an effing genius.

The one upside of half our starting eleven being in a wheelchair at any given time is that it makes our lineup very hard for our opponents to predict!

But it's a huge credit to Emery that we never seem to struggle as much as we expect when we've got a key player out - I think Pau being out was the only time I remember us playing significantly worse over a run of games.

• Like 1

A story caught my eye today and had me worried regarding Bayern Munich possibly looking at luring Emery.

I'd like to think he'd stay here and especially if Villa get Champions League football next season. Surely Emery is invested here at Villa now, the connection with Monchi, Real Union and even his Son (Lander) now a Villan too.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

A story caught my eye today and had me worried regarding Bayern Munich possibly looking at luring Emery.

Working at a place where he might get 2 years at the longest, 3 months at the shortest. And no freedom or creative control. And reprogramming a bunch of diva players into your system or dying as a result.

Sounds like the kind of thing that would drive ME to LinkedIn.

Seeing Ollie's stats today reminded me the crazy juju Unai has when it comes to strikers. Without fail he's always had his striker at whichever club playing the best football of their career. 

Villa, Bacca, Gameiro, Cavani, Aubameyang, Moreno and now Watkins. It's a genuinely faultless record.

Genius. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 479Villan said:

Working at a place where he might get 2 years at the longest, 3 months at the shortest. And no freedom or creative control. And reprogramming a bunch of diva players into your system or dying as a result.

Sounds like the kind of thing that would drive ME to LinkedIn.

He already experienced a dressing room like that at arsenal. I doubt he wants a repeat experience. Maybe once some of the more influential players have left he might consider it. But I doubt he's going to go now considering how nagelsman got fired. 

On 18/04/2024 at 16:45, Brumstopdogs said:

Emery probably could've been a Formula 1 champion if he wanted to, or maybe a Buddhist monk. He inhabits that zone few people ever reach. He radiates a sense of purpose and focus. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 4

Â