Unai Emery

PeterSw

If he ever were to leave (hopefully not and he's here 10+ years), I'd go for Amorim or Fonseca who have real pedigree and would probably do well here. Iraola too maybe who seems a talented young coach, albeit at smaller clubs.

I don't think Unai would be thinking about leaving soon but you're never sure in football. The owners appointed him in the first place though so have proven they can identify a top manager.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol...  Why on earth would he leave?  We've already built the entire club around him in the past year and a half.  Would Man United do the same for him?  Not a chance...  In fact, they've done anything but support their managers since Fergie retired...  It shows just how out of touch the media is.

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

lol...  Why on earth would he leave?  We've already built the entire club around him in the past year and a half.  Would Man United do the same for him?  Not a chance...  In fact, they've done anything but support their managers since Fergie retired...  It shows just how out of touch the media is.

Let’s not forget, Goldstein is not only a diehard United fan, but also paid to incite people to ring up his shitty radio station.

That said, if United did acquiesce to all of Emery’s conditions, maybe he would leave. You’d like to think he wouldn’t, especially since he’s been burned at the ‘bigger’ clubs he’s worked at previously, but you never know. Might be too good an opportunity to turn down.

I'd be fairly confident that Emery wouldn't go to United. Too much shit there, he wouldn't get anywhere near as much control and they have a very toxic fanbase.

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

I think you've got to be careful here because football has shown time and time again that people do leave, the whole we're on the way up utd are on the way down why would anyone change us for them is dangerous because they are still a far bigger team than us and football simply doesn't work like that 

All that said I agree, the problem with the likes of goldstein, a trait of being both someone in the media and a man utd fan, is that he can see that Emery is good but he hasn't got a clue what makes him good, man utd aren't set up in a way that would suit Emery whilst also having existing players and no doubt new signings with a mentality or at a level that suits him, as talented as Emery undoubtedly is he won't fix man utd, he wouldn't fit there 

• Like 2

Unai won’t be going to Utd. Dave ‘mystery package’ Brailsford will not want to hand over ultimate power and influence to Unai like Villa have. They will want a flexible coach without too many staff, who can slot into a structure devised by them.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

After years of embarrassment, Unai has taken us back to the level where we command respect again.

I bet there isn't one among us whose first thought on seeing that looks at the table and doesn't get upset at where half of Man Utds points came from 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, picicata said:

I bet there isn't one among us whose first thought on seeing that looks at the table and doesn't get upset at where half of Man Utds points came from 

Well i wasn't upset until you pointed that out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Among the records Unai has broken, Villa have now had the most times catching the opponent offside in a season in the premier league era with 147 and counting. The previous high was Liverpool with 144 in the 21-22 season.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Unai won’t be going to Utd. Dave ‘mystery package’ Brailsford will not want to hand over ultimate power and influence to Unai like Villa have. They will want a flexible coach without too many staff, who can slot into a structure devised by them.

Depends what they can offer him.

History suggests Emery is not a one club man.

Emery would fix United but it would take a lot of money.

Obviously I am desperate for him to stay but there is no question Man Utd will always have great pulling power.

On 16/04/2024 at 17:48, Mantis said:

I'd be fairly confident that Emery wouldn't go to United. Too much shit there, he wouldn't get anywhere near as much control and they have a very toxic fanbase.

Not to mention the casual xenophobia that will start up again about the way he speaks. You know it would.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Spot - on comment from Simon Jordan on TS, "I don't think Villa are punching above their weight, they're punching towards their weight." I concur, Sir!!!

It's a nice sentiment. And based on history and club size he is of course right.

But based on our squad and wages we are definitely punching above our weight at the moment

Â