Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

19 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Only getting banned from Italian football

I think that this is likely to change very quickly.  Whether the UK follow suit I don't know but I suspect that this will become a European ban.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I just worry there will be a bump in the road (e.g. 5 games without a win - a few draws in there)   that will derail our hopes.  It would mean we need to win something like 9 out of 13 matches in the other remaining games.

I think it’s a dream, if it happens then wonderful but for me our aim is top ten.  There are still loads of issues with this team, we still have some very hard games coming up.  This team is one that has struggled for over 18 months and Emery is genius but there is still a talent issue and/or mentality issue in the squad.  All this will take time to resolve and so we will have bumps in the road so for me, top 10 is the aim despite how well we are doing at the moment. Top five are almost 3 games ahead of us points wise, Liverpool and Chelsea however poor they are will be above us come the end of season so it’s Fulham, Brighton and Brentford, and not all 3 are going to fall away…9th or 10th I’m thinking.

• Like 3

Personally, I have Europe at the back of my mind.

We are not ready for it, in many ways.....much progress has to be made, to make it realistic.

I will take an interest in it.......when I think we are ready.

On 22/01/2023 at 11:44, allani said:

They have a keeper who is a complete liability at the moment and appears to have lost all confidence.

So funny to think now of the bedwetting and crying on here about Emi being on the bench for the Spurs game “when Lloris was back and ready.” Appalling management from Conte.

4 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Remaining fixtures for the teams 5th to 11th.

Yellow are next 6. Orange are final 6. Rearranged fixtures assumed to fall in middle.

image.png.294da06e7f4f41730116cf88da587f18.png

So the weird 'peach' colour is the middle six games?

So out of the 6 teams just above us, we play none in the next 6 matches, 2 in the middle 6 matches and 4 in the final 6 matches.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

So the weird 'peach' colour is the middle six games?

So out of the 6 teams just above us, we play none in the next 6 matches, 2 in the middle 6 matches and 4 in the final 6 matches.

Correct. Looks like if we are still in the mix towards the end of the season, then it could be very much in our own hands with games against the teams we'd be looking to overtake (or perhaps keep behind us if we've already moved up the table by then)

On 26/01/2023 at 12:24, TRO said:

Personally, I have Europe at the back of my mind.

We are not ready for it, in many ways.....much progress has to be made, to make it realistic.

I will take an interest in it.......when I think we are ready.

You wouldn’t turn it down though would you? Yes it’s a dream but it’s one we must pursue with purpose. Given our woeful cup defeat it provides further optimism for us 

8 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Remaining fixtures for the teams 5th to 11th.

Yellow are next 6. Orange are final 6. Rearranged fixtures assumed to fall in middle.

image.png.294da06e7f4f41730116cf88da587f18.png

Fulham have a decent set of fixtures having played Newcastle and Tottenham twice already, they have a full set of bottom teams stillto play .

Unfortunately we have already played Southampton and Leeds twice, though having two Leicester games is not too bad.

39 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Fulham have a decent set of fixtures having played Newcastle and Tottenham twice already, they have a full set of bottom teams stillto play .

Unfortunately we have already played Southampton and Leeds twice, though having two Leicester games is not too bad.

We also have the chance to reverse the paltry 1 point out of Bournemouth and Forest, both of whom need to come to VP.