Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Gerrard only had 11 games so pretty much same time frame as DS from last year.

Under Gerrard we got to brink of top 10 and then became completely clueless in terms of play and results so I hope and don't expect the same to happen even if the next two games are very difficult even to draw.

• Like 1

I wouldn't get wrapped up in thoughts of Europe.  Have I even posted here I don't know.

It's a 6 month free hit to implement a style of play and work out who else he wants to get rid of , along with the lot in January.

Europe just isn't going to happen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I wouldn't get wrapped up in thoughts of Europe.  Have I even posted here I don't know.

It's a 6 month free hit to implement a style of play and work out who else he wants to get rid of , along with the lot in January.

Europe just isn't going to happen

Top 10 would show real progress and give a foundation for a europe challenge next year

Surprised this thread is still open. Just don’t see Villa finishing above Brighton, Brentford and Fulham and even one of those teams is going to miss out on European football. 

There’s not really any easy games but it’s going to be really tough to get anything against Man City and Arsenal (can hope the 12.30 kick off can throw up a surprise) and then Everton away I feel is going to be a tough away visit for any team for the rest of the season. 

On 29/01/2023 at 09:06, Vive_La_Villa said:

Brighton will finish below us I reckon. Losing both Trossard and Caicedo will impact them massively. 

If he can reach our first target of ‘best of the rest’ in first season it would be amazing.

Unfortunately, not only have Brighton kept hold of Caicedo for the rest of the season, they have also seemingly found a better player than Trossard in Mitoma. 

They are nailed on for the top 8, they just don't seem to be faltering. At all. 

• Like 1