Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

6 hours ago, Farlz said:

Spurs sacking Stellini is annoying. They won't be quite as a shambles under Mason. 

The Fulham game is so important. Fail to win that and unfortunately I'll probably start to lose some hope as I think we'll drop off. 

I agree, to be honest I think we should just go into each game just thinking about getting that win, we won't have any clear idea what is going to happen and what will get us over the line until the last three games.

I feel we have to get wins against Fulham and Wolves though, I think we will need 11/12 points.

7 hours ago, Mister_a said:

This was cool

I'm a wordy **** at time, (this sentence notwithstanding).

Yet, I cannot articulate how much I appreciate this guy being our manager. I'm still scarred by Steven, the difference between the two though is as stark as can possibly.

Emery wants pressure! His words. Incredible. 

• Like 2

Had we won against Brentford then our last 10 results would have been identical to Man City's. We're flying so damn high atm and playing so well under Unai that regardless of whether we get Europe or not this season I will be walking on clouds. What a manager and what a team!

• Like 4

We are the spawniest team in the League.  That second half wasn't great.  We've won a lot of games where we were second best - Chelsea, Brighton and others.

And thats what winning teams need!

I'm not complaining.

Who are these Villa Talkers I'm in this forum with but suddenly with a very serious chance for Europe? How did this happen? How did we get here? It's the same people -- the same @Zatman and same @BOF and same @messi11 and same @KentVillan -- and yet here we are, after a dreadful autumn, the same supporters, on the edge of the impossible. It feels just mental.

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Spurs play United on Thursday and Liverpool on Sunday. A result for us against United on Sunday would be huge 

5E4770B2-EFAE-48CD-ADB4-DDD88122CE0D.jpeg

This just shows me that we need to win at Anfield to secure Europa League football next season.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Spurs still the target, got to stay ahead of them and hope Brighton can't sustain their run of games - the rest will take care of itself. 

Yep, agree that the main target is finishing ahead of Spurs. Hope United stuff them again on Thursday. 

• Like 1

A further morale sapping loss for Spuds on Thursday will keep us nicely positioned for the last five game run-in. A lot of twists and turns yet but Europe is really in our hands. It’s asking a lot but if we can get results against Liverpool, Spurs and Brighton, we should be there. 

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This just shows me that we need to win at Anfield to secure Europa League football next season.

It depends on Brighton. That Cup loss might have deflated them and seem to be running out of strikers at this time of the season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

A further morale sapping loss for Spuds on Thursday will keep us nicely positioned for the last five game run-in. A lot of twists and turns yet but Europe is really in our hands. It’s asking a lot but if we can get results against Liverpool, Spurs and Brighton, we should be there. 

I think if we get 10 points from our last 5 games it should be enough

• Like 1