Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I guess some of our fans are stronger men than us, and athletes 😂

When even swallowing and breathing is painful I don't see how it's a walk in the park as some make out.

I suffer chronic ENT issues and I'm telling you it's misery.

I know right! Sore throat that may develop into a full infection? Nah, you'll be fine. Go out there and play against the best team in the world for a team you've only joined 2 days ago! Oh and if you have a terrible debut, we'll write you off as useless too. No pressure!

Always find it funny how some fans dismiss illnesses like this.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When was the last time any of you had a sore throat?

It can be genuinely unpleasant.

He did look/ sound knackered in his interview.

Sore throats in general are annoying to have but to answer your question...

When I was 19, I went paintballing with a few mates and long story short we were messing around and I got shot directly in neck where my esophagus is (without any protection). It was horrible and it was sore for a few weeks, I would struggle to train during football training smh. 

• Shocked 1

41 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I’m pretty much non plussed about this signing tbh - based on a good friend who has a season ticket at dingles and whose opinion I trust - he told me, he is a work horse, but not much else 

so pretty much what with have none of in our team?

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I had the worst sore throat I've ever had when i had covid a couple of months ago. The other covid symptoms would have kept me from exercising, I don't think the sore throat in isolation would have.

If the sore throat is indicative that he has other symptoms of a cold/flu/laryngitis etc then I get why it would keep him out of a game.

If it's JUST a sore throat, then I don't get it

Even if it's just a sore throat, I can see why he wouldn't play. He'd be able to exercise. He'd be able to play. But would he be at his best?

When we're talking about Premier League football, you want your players fighting fit at their best, not uncomfortable and distracted, or feeling like he needs to stop and clear his throat at a critical moment. Obviously he *could* play, we see players take injections for pain and they push through all the time, but it should only really happen if it's one of your best players or you have no cover, and you're a bit screwed without them. If you have suitable players to cover, it makes sense rest them, and let them come back when they're 100%

It depends on the severity of the sore throat.

If it's just a sore throat with no other symptoms he can probably play through that.

If it's strep throat/tonsilitis/COVID and he is also suffering with fever/fatigue e.t.c he won't be able to play.

Edited by AshVilla

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

so pretty much what with have none of in our team?

I kinda think that is very subjective tbh with you.

I think there is plenty of energy in the team. I actually think there is also plenty of quality in the squad, I just don’t think they are being coached, schooled, managed, whatever - this is down to you know who 

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

I kinda think that is very subjective tbh with you.

I think there is plenty of energy in the team. I actually think there is also plenty of quality in the squad, I just don’t think they are being coached, schooled, managed, whatever - this is down to you know who 

Voldemort?

12 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

It feels like we are finding any little things to be pissed off about at the moment. VT never used to be this angry, can't even remember it being this bad when we went down.

We expected to go down.; we'd been circling the drain for years. We're a year out from sacking a popular manager under the banner of continuous improvement, just endured a massive price hike in the name of funding our european push, yet sit in 19th. The anger is justified.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Even if it's just a sore throat, I can see why he wouldn't play. He'd be able to exercise. He'd be able to play. But would he be at his best?

When we're talking about Premier League football, you want your players fighting fit at their best, not uncomfortable and distracted, or feeling like he needs to stop and clear his throat at a critical moment. Obviously he *could* play, we see players take injections for pain and they push through all the time, but it should only really happen if it's one of your best players or you have no cover, and you're a bit screwed without them. If you have suitable players to cover, it makes sense rest them, and let them come back when they're 100%

And again, it's actually dangerous and can lead to heart issues. 

12 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

It feels like we are finding any little things to be pissed off about at the moment. VT never used to be this angry, can't even remember it being this bad when we went down.

Yeah, everything is bad right now. People are genuinely angry. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wolves-leander-dendoncker-aston-villa-24915060

Bruno Lage has revealed Leander Dendoncker's desire to leave Wolverhampton Wanderers led to his deadline day exit.

“I will not change anything about Leander," said Lage. "He was important for me and the club last year and it was a pleasure working with him. He had a proposal and thought it was the right time to move.

"I have to understand what’s best for the player and the club. If you give me the choice he stays, because he’s important for me, but in the end we need to understand what is best for the player and the club.”

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

When do you ever get a sore throat without it being from flu or with more of a cold/other illness? A sore throat would sit me out for a few days just so it doesn't get worse, unless I was on 30-50k a week, then I'd probably play.

Never train with a sore throat. Even if you aren't a professional athlete. Not worth the potential risk.

• Like 1

Dendonker for McGinn for me. Luiz can then move into a more advance role up the pitch, with one of JJ, EMI or Phil, and the defence is better protected.

Meatball badly needs a break from a starting role.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 3

Â