Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

School me here but genuinely don’t know how a sore throat puts you out of a match. I mean a sore throat in isolation. Cold, flu, the works - get it.Β 

Step 1, sore throat. Step 2, cold EDIT: or covid.

'Monitoring the situation' = 'seeing if he develops a cold (EDIT: or covid) that would reduce his ability to play top level football at the necessary standard to face some of the best players in the world'.

Edited by Rolta

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Step 1, sore throat. Step 2, cold.

'Monitoring the situation' = 'seeing if he develops a cold that would reduce his ability to play top level football at the necessary standard to face some of the best players in the world'.

It's also dangerous for the players long term health and can lead to heart issues.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Step 1, sore throat. Step 2, cold.

'Monitoring the situation' = 'seeing if he develops a cold that would reduce his ability to play top level football at the necessary standard to face some of the best players in the world'.

There’s also some sort of viral illness going round that they might be monitoring for. Can’t remember the name.Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, daft said:

It's also dangerous for the players long term health and can lead to heart issues.

Im intrigued by this... is it a proven thing?

I get that isn't probably good at the time, and maybe puts significant strain on your body, but if it doesn't cause any other immediate problems, surely it just equates to a really extreme workout?Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Im intrigued by this... is it a proven thing?

I get that isn't probably good at the time, and maybe puts significant strain on your body, but if it doesn't cause any other immediate problems, surely it just equates to a really extreme workout?Β 

Yes. The risk of myocarditis is increased by training hard when having a fever or sore throat. So one needs to be careful even if the risk is relatively low.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Dendoncker is included in a fan's best team of Anderlecht alumni, playing on the left of a back-three with Kompany in the centre.

The question is whether he's a replacement or cover foe Mings?

Probably replacement for Martinez

4 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Dendoncker is included in a fan's best team of Anderlecht alumni, playing on the left of a back-three with Kompany in the centre.

The question is whether he's a replacement or cover foe Mings?

We don't play with a back three

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When was the last time any of you had a sore throat?

It can be genuinely unpleasant.

He did look/ sound knackered in his interview.

I had the worst sore throat I've ever had when i had covid a couple of months ago. The other covid symptoms would have kept me from exercising, I don't think the sore throat in isolation would have.

If the sore throat is indicative that he has other symptoms of a cold/flu/laryngitis etc then I get why it would keep him out of a game.

If it's JUST a sore throat, then I don't get it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I had the worst sore throat I've ever had when i had covid a couple of months ago. The other covid symptoms would have kept me from exercising, I don't think the sore throat in isolation would have.

If the sore throat is indicative that he has other symptoms of a cold/flu/laryngitis etc then I get why it would keep him out of a game.

If it's JUST a sore throat, then I don't get it

Think it's safe to assume the club monitoring it means they're seeing if it does become more serious.Β  Also, although covid seems very much a daily life kind of thing now, i suspect it could still take out a squad if an outbreak happened.

About the last thing we need right now, I'd file it just above keeping Gerrard in preferred outcomes this week.Β 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When was the last time any of you had a sore throat?

It can be genuinely unpleasant.

He did look/ sound knackered in his interview.

The worst pain I've ever had in my life was a thorat infection. They can be absolutely horrific.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

The worst pain I've ever had in my life was a thorat infection. They can be absolutely horrific.

I guess some of our fans are stronger men than us, and athletes πŸ˜‚

When even swallowing and breathing is painful I don't see how it's a walk in the park as some make out.

I suffer chronic ENT issues and I'm telling you it's misery.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚