Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I wonder what Belgium fans think?

Dendoncker is after all a regular for the second best ranked football team in the World.

ironically, the last 3 games he has played for Belgium, he has played as one of three centre backs.....

10 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Was about as an invisible debut as I think ive ever seen. Well played solid 0/0 with excellent camouflage ability 

Haha I enjoy the sarcasm! 

Worth noting though was that Saints had almost nothing on his part of the pitch, although big Donk didn't have many touches and looked a bit off the pace, he put in a shift without the ball, covered good areas and blocked much space. He gives us much needed presence in the middle of the pitch.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I wonder what Belgium fans think?

Dendoncker is after all a regular for the second best ranked football team in the World.

Exactly, some of the comments saying wolves fans or others thinks he is gash etc is just childish. He has represented Belgium at every level and has almost 30 caps during the years when they even were ranked no 1 in the world. He has played 30+ games every season for the last three seasons in a good premier league team playing good football.

The interesting questions are what his form is now and in what position he is best suited. I would have thought that he would be at his best as a holding midfielder rather than the dynamic box to box no 6 role. Will be interesting to see where he plays for us and what he will bring, much needed muscles and presence in any case!

edit: and most of all I like calling him big Donk.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Why was he signed?  Should he not be playing DM and luiz playing back as CM

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886xvmhgkl0w3jfoa4dkt

yeah, of course…. 

(I completely agree with you, especially with injury to Kamara - sadly, he who knows best is still in charge) 

• Like 1

On 17/09/2022 at 14:47, The Fun Factory said:

Wolves fans don't seem to rate him, think he is a just a workhorse.

Some would say so  was Roy Keane and Patrick Viera.

I''ll bet they could do with someone like him now, to stop the rot.

On 18/09/2022 at 12:14, Vive_La_Villa said:

It was strange seeing someone over 6 foot in midfield. Been a while.

It might catch on....now Pep has a striker over 6 feet......suddenly, its become credible again.

15 hours ago, TRO said:

Some would say so  was Roy Keane and Patrick Viera.

I''ll bet they could do with someone like him now, to stop the rot.

It might catch on....now Pep has a striker over 6 feet......suddenly, its become credible again.

I never heard anyone say Viera was 'just a workhorse' - He was a complete midfielder, he could tackle, run with the ball and pick a pass.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Why was he signed?  Should he not be playing DM and luiz playing back as CM

You know as well as anyone that Steven can't and won't leave McGinn and Ramsey out. The two players that unbalance our team when played together in CM, Steven sees as our undroppables!

Â