Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

38 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Think he could prove to be a useful signing and a solid player if used by a manger who knew what he was doing.

He can play as a 6 or 8,as can Kamara. It's definitely a position we need and he brings height. I've got a feeling once we see him play we will be pleasantly surprised, like we were with Chambers. It's an upgrade on Nakamba if nothing else. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Plenty of things about the club are shit at the moment but this is a fantastic bit of business. If utilised correctly, which I have absolutely no faith in whatsoever under the current manager, along with Kamara we have a bit of solidity in our spine for the first time in god knows how long. 

We have to stop the opposition from waltzing through our midfield like a midnight piss in the snow, he would be straight into the team if it was my choice. 

Good point...

They said before the season that the refs would be letting the play flow more and calling fewer fouls. You can see that the league is more physical this year. I'm guessing that we'll see him in physical games (e.g. Bournemouth).

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He can play as a 6 or 8,as can Kamara. It's definitely a position we need and he brings height. I've got a feeling once we see him play we will be pleasantly surprised, like we were with Chambers. It's an upgrade on Nakamba if nothing else. 

He’s a 6 or CB if we are playing him as an 8 we’re in trouble!

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

I've got a feeling once we see him play we will be pleasantly surprised, like we were with Chambers

I’d have been more on board with this before Bolton ran Chambers ragged ;) but I agree he’s a perfectly fine midfielder as an upgrade on Nakamba.

13 minutes ago, BennettVilla said:

Strange thing is, he’s a regular starter for supposedly the second best international side in the world. I don’t think this is as bad as some are making out

It's a sound transfer. 

2 hours ago, av1 said:

We have signed a player to play in a position we don’t really need, from a Wolves team that are happy to see him go. 

Sorry for not being too excited. 

As I said the other day, the only thing that the Wolves fans I know could actually agree about was that they all think this lad is hopeless. Still, he's ours now so hopefully they all turn out to be equally mistaken.

I'm not convinced it's what we needed though.

A mixed bag. Overall we have properly better squad depth and perhaps a better functioning midfield providing the current (or next) Villa manager uses the correct players.

But we have clearly not got the next level of player to be seriously competing for the top half.

At the moment that seems a long way off and the 2 signings today will hopefully add some defensive strength at least to try and get the season going.

Thanks to Mr Gerrard we are massively short on width options which could be a big problem this year if sanity prevails and we start to try and play a more normal formation.

Edit- wrong thread, sorry.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â