Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

On 07/09/2022 at 18:53, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Got a feeling this signing is going to work out well for us. Apparently has the 3rd highest running stats in the league, something we need seeing as we have the lowest running stats in the entire PL; lazy bunch of gits.

Bin off McGinn and a midfield 3 of Kamara - Donk - Luiz sounds good to me.

That midfield 3 could work. If SG ever wants to play a midfield 2, the question is if either of Kamara or Dong are good enough passers without Luiz.

• Haha 1

I think this signing might be really interesting, we used to lack physical presence and DM’s. Now we could play 3 defensive minded midfielders but atleast two of them are along of our best passers. I think with the right management, this would be a good signing. Potentially not a long term starter but would start him more than not this season.

4 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Could be good to throw in against the saints, i feel they often get the better of us so to give them something to think about physcially in the middle of the park and to try and disrupt their passing then dendoncker could probably do well in this type of game.

aka Gerrard wont start him.

• Haha 3

I legitimately didn’t notice him at all after he came on. To the point I couldn’t find him on the pitch as his name wasn’t mentioned. Was keen to see what he could do and was hoping for some strength and control in the middle but didn’t see a thing. Bizarre. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Early days but was it worth buying him and loaning Iroegbunam out?

looking at what we have done with Archer, i think we are lucky that Timmy is loaned out, he needs game time, not part time on the bench, and part time not even in the squad.

Dendoncker is a good blocker type player, he will prob help us over the season, not playing often etc, would rather our high potential youth are out playing regularly than having their development hindered by not getting any minutes.

• Like 2

Â