Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

On 01/09/2022 at 21:22, Keener window-cleaner said:

@TRO happy with this? Have we now found the tall, strong midfield destroyer you have been crying out for over the last years? 🙂 

I will be surprised, if he doesn't give us some balance......would have liked a better quality version but hey ho.

I think for the money, it has been a decent deal....but I think it will give Ty a bit of support at set pieces, where he has been the go to man in the air.....unfair on him, imo.

So yeah, gives us a few options and diversity, for the manager, to switch things a round, when he see's fit.

It will be interesting to see how he goes.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

I will be surprised, if he doesn't give us some balance......would have liked a better quality version but hey ho.

I think for the money, it has been a decent deal....but I think it will give Ty a bit of support at set pieces, where he has been to go to man in the air.....unfair on him, imo.

So yeah, gives us a few options and diversity, for the manager, to switch things a round, when he see's fit.

It will be interesting to see how he goes.

You are assuming Gerrard will even pick him...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Didn't realise he was a regular for Belgium, looks like he could be a good asset for us.

It's a long season ahead...

Sounds as though Lage didn’t want to lose him either which is always a good thing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Sounds as though Lage didn’t want to lose him either which is always a good thing. 

Maybe because, he is different, to the others, he's got, who might be better footballers, but not better stoppers/destroyers.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Away from home perhaps Dendoncker and Kamara can form a partnership with Luiz ahead of them.

McGinn and Ramsey from the bench.

Yesterday aside the midfield has been no existent at home as well. 

I like the midfield you’ve picked, but I wouldn’t limit it to away games. 

14 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Away from home perhaps Dendoncker and Kamara can form a partnership with Luiz ahead of them.

McGinn and Ramsey from the bench.

Shades of Mortimer, Cowans and Bremner ? We can live in hope.

• Like 3

He's played in a back 3 a lot too so think he'd be useful in a 3421 formation. Him central, Chambers right and Mings left. Push the full backs to wing back position that way and have a couple ball-playing defenders to move the ball onto Kamara and Luiz in the middle. Would give us much more presence and composure through the middle, less exposed on the flanks and then Gerrard can pick whichever front 3 players he likes. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Got a feeling this signing is going to work out well for us. Apparently has the 3rd highest running stats in the league, something we need seeing as we have the lowest running stats in the entire PL; lazy bunch of gits.

Bin off McGinn and a midfield 3 of Kamara - Donk - Luiz sounds good to me.

Dinky-Donk-Donker?

18 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Got a feeling this signing is going to work out well for us. Apparently has the 3rd highest running stats in the league, something we need seeing as we have the lowest running stats in the entire PL; lazy bunch of gits.

Bin off McGinn and a midfield 3 of Kamara - Donk - Luiz sounds good to me.

agree but not going to happen sadly 

Â