Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I feel like Dendoncker/Kamara/Luiz in a midfield three is a huge upgrade on the Ramsey/McGinn/Luiz midfield we had for a lot of last season. Certainly a lot more physical. Of course I'm assuming that the new manager will drop McGinn and we won't be lumbered with him week in week out like we are now.

completely agree, but you know that fool Gerrard will persist with McGinn etc.

• Like 1

I like this signing. Gives us something we don't have in the midfield, and as @Mantissaid would be a good partner for Bouba. Then pick one other midfielder (I think we know who that'll be).

About as fashionable as a Burbury-wrapped Vauxhall Nova, but does one job well. Not expecting him to chip in with many goals and assists, but according to Wolves fans is good when played to his strengths and (quoting from a forum) "plays like he's reffing the game".  We could use a bit more malice and bite in the middle to free up our creative players.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

I like this signing. Gives us something we don't have in the midfield, and as @Mantissaid would be a good partner for Bouba. Then pick one other midfielder (I think we know who that'll be).

About as fashionable as a Burbury-wrapped Vauxhall Nova, but does one job well. Not expecting him to chip in with many goals and assists, but according to Wolves fans is good when played to his strengths and (quoting from a forum) "plays like he's reffing the game".  We could use a bit more malice and bite in the middle to free up our creative players.

100%.  Definitely good partner for Bouba...  will definitely help in the areas we are lacking...  give us some profile on set pieces at both ends... a little more strength/size overall...  and both LD and Bouba will hopefully start busting shit up in midfield and releasing our talent to go the other way.

7 hours ago, Mantis said:

I feel like Dendoncker/Kamara/Luiz in a midfield three is a huge upgrade on the Ramsey/McGinn/Luiz midfield we had for a lot of last season. Certainly a lot more physical. Of course I'm assuming that the new manager will drop McGinn and we won't be lumbered with him week in week out like we are now.

Isn’t Dendoncker/Kamara/Luiz too defensive or would Luiz now be playing further forward? Would we play those 3 then Coutinho and Buendia and Watkins? I also can’t see McGinn getting dropped suddenly but it would be really nice to see how that midfield would work.

4 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Its a risk free transfer for a reliable midfield player we needed in our squad.

He might surprise if given a chance.

I think he has been brought as centre back cover and will get nowhere near the midfield sadly

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why? Dendoncker is a defensive mid slash centre half? 

He’s a centre half in a system that plays 3 at the back. He’s never played in a back 2.

I just assumed he was replacing dougy. They play similar positions. We have loads of CMs who aren’t technically gifted enough to take us to the next level and Dendoncker just seems to be another one

Â