Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/22 at 22:59

Hope that wasn’t Luiz’s last action in a Villa shirt. What a way to bow out if so.

First half was embarrassing and could’ve been 5 or 6 down at HT. Gerrard’s system isn’t working and he needs to go.

Mings played well I thought, and Kamara.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Not sure why I really want to come on to such a toxic site. It does not seem like a villa supporters forum.🙁

but many of us have been through much worse. It’s no good chanting VTID if you are only fair weather supporters.

at least tonight I saw more fight and players competing than in the previous games.

All is not lost yet! I thought Tyrone gave it all and we looked more like a team. I can accept the other team being better but cannot accept a lack of effort.

I think the two games after Citeh will make thing clearer!

UTV

Imagine thinking the people concerned we are headed toward relegation and want something changed are “fickle.” Given what we have seen the last decade, the idea that anyone who still cares about Villa is “fickle” is absurd and insulting. 

Just because you are apathetic and have given up hope for a successful team doesn’t mean the rest of us need to. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

A point would have been criminal such was Arsenals dominance tonight .

at times it was farcical, we couldn’t pass a ball 3 foot ,couldn’t cross , at one point  Konsa appeared to be tying his shoe lace  as Cash did a Toblerone head and played the Arsenal player in 

we looked  better  when  Luiz came on so hopefully we will see a Luiz -Kamara double act going forward 

the answer to the Coutinho or Buendia argument seems to be neither of them , but maybe the answer is in a new manager 

Buendia is just one of a number of players that Gerrard has made worse.

He needs to stay.

4 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Not sure why I really want to come on to such a toxic site. It does not seem like a villa supporters forum.🙁

but many of us have been through much worse. It’s no good chanting VTID if you are only fair weather supporters.

at least tonight I saw more fight and players competing than in the previous games.

All is not lost yet! I thought Tyrone gave it all and we looked more like a team. I can accept the other team being better but cannot accept a lack of effort.

UTV

Maybe, yes. However, despite the players endeavour, they are in a system that doesn’t allow them to play to their strengths, support each other or defend as a team (here in lies the problem). We have loads of talent who must be as frustrated as us that the system makes them look terrible. 

The manager talks a good game but is not sufficiently professionally or experienced enough to deal with the games highest, most competitive, ruthless and impatient competition, the Premier League. That’s no shame, just a fact. I saw him crumble in front of a soft interview tonight. 

sadly this won’t work , Gerrard isn’t good enough now to prevail, for me he is behind Smith in experience and that wasn’t enough for Smith. The project demands better. Our recruitment is also coming up short, I am starting to beleive the whispers that we are done spending as did Lerner after 2 years. Worrying times, just when we thought we were heading to the top 7-8.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

UTV

Whose the fair weather supporters? Just because we think Gerrard should be fired.  I think you might have ‘fair weathered supporter’ meaning wrong.  I’ve been through the thick and thin with Villa my life

As for toxic site, I can’t even agree with that either when pretty much more than 95% agrees Gerrard should go.  This site isn’t infighting so it’s not toxic that way.  If so many fans agree then maybe it’s not the forum that’s the toxic part, maybe it’s the manager.

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

3 points and second bottom having played Bournemouth, Everton, Palace, West Ham (who haven't been the same team as last season) and Arsenal (pissing away a point) is utterly atrocious.

Please, for the love of god, make a change now while we still have time to salvage the season. We simply do not have the personnel in place with the know-how to turn this around.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smg said:

But he isn’t, probably never will be, a pointless comment.

No it’s not? The point being as one of theirs he might evoke a kinship despite the desperation, but here it’s empty despite his home club and playing legacy? Smith would almost command that respect if he did the same thing infront of travelling fans. It’s humility amongst equals. It has more currency.

Â