Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/22 at 22:59

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Gerrard didn't acknowledge the traveling support 😕 

What would have been the point ? they booed the team at half time and were  not likely to do anything different at the end, probably worse. He knows the feelings of the fans at present, what would it achieve ? He knows he’s ****.

• Like 2

Just now, smg said:

What would have been the point ? they booed the team at half time and were  not likely to do anything different at the end, probably worse. He knows the feelings of the fans at present, what would it achieve ? He knows he’s ****.

Whilst I agree with you why he didn't, personal pride for me would've had me acknowledge them. 

6 minutes ago, sne said:

We go again.

Fair enough, mate. I’d be interested to see our club play without any manager against ManCity. Maybe let Mings be a player-manager for the next match. All this Gerard stuff now is a big distraction. We have to be focused on winning matches, not Gerrard battles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Fair enough, mate. I’d be interested to see our club play without any manager against ManCity. Maybe let Mings be a player-manager for the next match. All this Gerard stuff now is a big distraction. We have to be focused on winning matches, not Gerrard battles.

We've been watching this for a while now. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

The second half performance was better (not hard) and may have been acceptable had we been 1-0 up and trying to add to it.  We weren't and therefore it was not fit for purpose.   

I've never bought into the hype over Martinez and I think he could and should have done better for both goals, deflection or not.   

Dullard got the midfield wrong yet again.  If he's meant to be "learning" there is scant evidence of it.

Cash was awful, Digne was arguably worse.  

2-1 was a lot better than I expected and more than we deserved.

The only consolation is it should take us another step nearer to the end of Gerrard's reign.  

Think he had a bad game? Watch our goal , Arsenals keeper was horrendous.

Sack him.  Now, now, now.  A devastating loss — was in our grasp for a few minutes of glory. Today was the first day where it was apparent to me that our players were really playing their hearts out and being asked to do the impossible, and it’s just kind of pathetic and heartbreaking. Shit or get off the pot.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, switters said:

Second half wasn't completely terrible, but to essentially fluke yourselves an equaliser and then not manage to hold onto that for even 5 minutes is just pathetic. And we all will have been expecting it, because it happens so frequently. Conceding goal in first 5 mins, conceding within 5 mins of scoring, conceding 2 in quick succession - these are our special powers. I would bet our stats on those are worst in the league, probably worst in all the leagues. Something fundamentally wrong with this team that they are turned over so easily at those crucial points. 

Omg this is so accurate!!!!!! Definitely hold the record for that

3 minutes ago, smg said:

I totally agree with this. People whinging that he didn’t clap the away fans. Nobody in the right mind is going to walk up to thousands of people just so they can get verbally abused. There is nothing brave in it and I wouldn’t do it either. 

• Like 3

Â