Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/22 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Didnt realise how big Haaland is

I really think City will be Gerrards last game

I wish it was today. He’s lost me. Don’t like to see fans and players suffer with no results. Today was horrendous. He’s gonna have a nice payout and live a better life than the vast majority of supporters in terms of money. His life is set. Get him away from the ****-ing club now.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

Think he had a bad game? Watch our goal , Arsenals keeper was horrendous.

I don't care what other team's keepers do, that's their problem.  It's what ours does that matters, and for me too often he's found wanting.

The players showed a bit more intensity tonight, but let's not be fooled by that, it was still a poor performance.

No cohesion; long balls; endless high balls in to the area that never looked as if anyone was ever going to get on the end of them; poor passing; awful defence; no feeling that the attack would ever score; mediocre midfield; lucky to only lose by one goal.

And now, to crown it all, we are 19th.

He is surely gone and looks as if he knows it.

• Like 1

Flattering scoreline. Should’ve been dead and buried by half time. 

We lack any belief in ourselves, both throughout the game but especially when we score. Such a weak mentality and that’s driven by the head coach. 

Forget the transfer deadline day. We need a new manager way more than we need a new player

16 minutes ago, smg said:

What would have been the point ? they booed the team at half time and were  not likely to do anything different at the end, probably worse. He knows the feelings of the fans at present, what would it achieve ? He knows he’s ****.

I would suggest he would if he was Liverpool manager and at Anfield

33 minutes ago, jim said:

Better performance but probably too little too late. 

Jim, we only got back into that game because Arsenal took their foot off the gas. As soon as we scored they just took control again. After watching that first half I don't know how anyone can take positives from tonights performance. It was pathetic. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Not sure why I really want to come on to such a toxic site. It does not seem like a villa supporters forum.🙁

but many of us have been through much worse. It’s no good chanting VTID if you are only fair weather supporters.

at least tonight I saw more fight and players competing than in the previous games.

All is not lost yet! I thought Tyrone gave it all and we looked more like a team. I can accept the other team being better but cannot accept a lack of effort.

I think the two games after Citeh will make thing clearer!

UTV

Rather be toxic than delusional 

• Like 1

At this point we absolutely need to have Critchley take over as caretaker. Gerrard is actively damaging our squad and we'll be feeling the effects of his failure up until the end of the season if we don't act quickly. There is now no semblence of tactics other than 'get into them'. I don't want to see us outclassed whilst trying to kick our opponents into the air. It's embarrassing and it's damaging the players confidence the longer it goes on.

Â