Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

I feel for the players a bit. The effort is there but our tactics and prep are shockingly bad. 

He should be sacked at half time. We've had bad teams in past but none to the level of this mismanagement.

Seriously want him to **** off right now.

I honestly believe the players could prep themselves better.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Arsenal very good but I’m not sure it’s too much or a leap to call this the worst half of our season. Men against boys. I’m embarrassed to be honest. 

That was far from our worst half! Players strolling around with their heads up their arses against Bournemouth was 1000x worse. At least Arsenal are a decent team. 

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Can imagine Gerrard “I’m generally happy, aside from an unfortunate GK spill, there has been nothing in the game between the teams.  Me and my staff are all in and the players are responding, we are unlucky to behind”

The rest of humanity “WTF”

He’ll complain about not getting any luck 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Where’s Nakamba, it’s notable that he was present during Gerrard’s early success and absent during the decline

Yeah it's odd he's isolated him when he was arguably the best player for SG's first 6 games until he got injured.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Where’s Nakamba, it’s notable that he was present during Gerrard’s early success and absent during the decline

No what was notable was that we still had Smiths structure just a kick up the arse from the sacking. 

Gerrard simply has to go. Either that or sack/sell over half the team in the next 24 hours because whilst this is the team playing under his management we are facing relegation. He is clueless as to how to prepare these players for a game of football. 

Sack him tonight. Tell the players that were looking at Pochettino and other big names etc who will all be watching on Saturday so they better put a shift in. It's our only hope of not conceding 10 and setting the all-time PL record for a defeat. 

• Like 2

Tactics are not working, whether it’s the tactics themselves or the players not taking the direction on board it just isn’t working at all. 

Arsenal just played through us with ease, aside from the few occasions we kicked them, once we lose the ball the entire team may as well retreat into our own area cos it’ll achieve about as much as what we’ve been doing. They don’t know when, where or how to press.

We need a new Manager.

3 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

Bet Arsenal fans are thankful they didn't get rid of him now 

Arsenal never looked anywhere near as close to this bad. 

And Arteta hadn't been there nearly a year when people were calling for his head. 

• Like 4