Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

12 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’ve been patient for 10 months, I’ve seen palace make great progress in that time. Newcastle probably even more. Brentford have come up and established themselves in one season. I’m not buying the patience nonsense. We’ve seen very little in the the past 10 months to show he deserves it

Other teams around us are getting their sh1t together and showing what is possible. We seem to be making really hard work of it and are in danger of getting left behind. I don't think the club has got the strategy right behind the scenes and seems as disjointed as the performances on the pitch. Maybe it needs a new approach /personnel at boardroom level. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Would have preferred Callum Hudson-Odoi who seemingly wants out of Chelsea. 

No chance. Hudson Odoi is a poor player and still unproven. Sarr is a big talent who Jurgen Klopp wanted to sign only a few years ago. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Heard a good point made on a podcast. If this signing does indicate we are going to play with more attacking width, then what the **** have we been doing for 9 months last season and pre season?

Sometimes we play with 2 strikers then two proper 10's, then a 10 and an inside forward. 

We don't seem to have a proper plan for how we set up to attack in the final 3rd. 

I'm all for this signing but it raises more questions. 

Gerrard is Steve Bruce and Sarr is Hogan. It's just another punt and hope for the best he wins us a few matches.

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

No chance. Hudson Odoi is a poor player and still unproven. Sarr is a big talent who Jurgen Klopp wanted to sign only a few years ago. 

Hudson Odoi also had serious injury and hasn't shown anything like his pre injury form since his return. I would steer a million miles away from him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Gerrard is Steve Bruce and Sarr is Hogan. It's just another punt and hope for the best he wins us a few matches.

When Bruce bought Hogan we needed a striker and Hogan was one of the most in form strikers in the league at the time. Sarr is nothing like Bruce getting Hogan

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’ve been patient for 10 months, I’ve seen palace make great progress in that time. Newcastle probably even more. Brentford have come up and established themselves in one season. I’m not buying the patience nonsense. We’ve seen very little in the the past 10 months to show he deserves it

10 months wow. Well done.

Sarr will play as an inside forward.  Gerrard is desperate for us to play the Liverpool game with pace in behind from wide areas and a high press.

It would be a good plan if he knew how to coach it.  Feels like he gambled on Critchley being able to and that hasn’t worked either.

What I will say, is that I do like the idea of three genuinely pacey forwards but it doesn’t fix our porous defence  and midfield 

• Like 1

If Gerrard is trying to play like Liverpool, then a front 3, of Sarr (Mane), Ings (Firminio) and Bailey (Salah), does make sense (obviously a lesser level). But, nothing seems to indicate that is how he wants to line up, especially with  the  Coutinho signing. 

1 minute ago, smg said:

10 months wow. Well done.

Here’s a few questions then. How long should it take for a premier league manager to implement a style of play? Did you watch the game today and how did you feel seeing the same recurring issues and no tactical awareness from our manager? Would you be content finishing lower than 15th this season and  will you still have patience if we do? 

33 minutes ago, smg said:

Pre season this move would have been laughed at on here, so would the appointment of Potter by many a few months back. The fan base is impatient and unwilling to wait for progress to be made. Money will no longer buy success, Chelsea and City got in early with that, Liverpool had to wait for recent success and are now in a position to buy big when the opportunity arises. Sadly we need to accept that apart from our ground and following ( chose not to use support) we are not currently a big club that title has to be earned and we are a long way off achieving that. Changing managers and slagging off players on a daily basis is not going to change things overnight. Patience is needed I’m not sure that is possible reading comments on here and other platforms the future of our club looks bleak because our followers can’t accept that development and progress takes time and patience.

Tell that to Eddie Howe and Newcastle.  I am sorry but this line is BS, a good coach can have an immediate impact in the dressing room, on the training ground and most importantly on the pitch.

We do not have a good Head Coach or a good coaching team. The rot started to set in when Terry and O’Kelly left and we replaced them with wasters

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Heard a good point made on a podcast. If this signing does indicate we are going to play with more attacking width, then what the **** have we been doing for 9 months last season and pre season?

Sometimes we play with 2 strikers then two proper 10's, then a 10 and an inside forward. 

We don't seem to have a proper plan for how we set up to attack in the final 3rd. 

This is just about getting quality in. Traore has left so we get in a new wide forward. Don't think it's more than that. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We are giving hundreds of millions to a manager who is just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks 

7 minutes ago, macandally said:

Sarr will play as an inside forward.  Gerrard is desperate for us to play the Liverpool game with pace in behind from wide areas and a high press.

You're going to confuse 90% of this forum with descriptions like that ;)

3 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

This is just about getting quality in. Traore has left so we get in a new wide forward. Don't think it's more than that. 

A big financial outlay for a simple upgrade of a fringe player. No transfer received for Traore and there is no chance they are even paying all his wages. Sarr is 25m+ and a big wage

Sarr is quality but it just doesn't fit with anything going on at the club right now. Baffling if true. 

Throw that £28m at Pochettino instead and save money and points in the long run. 

• Like 1

Â