Pre-match thread

wedge

7 minutes ago, claretman said:

This is apparently the dirtiest fixture in Premier League history-32 yellows and 3 reds in the last 6 fixtures alone.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if Zaha was involved in every single one of those cards.  

Zaha is a little cretin. Most unlikeable guy in the league. Miserable ****

• Like 2

I fancy Palace unless we play better.

To be fair you would think Buendia has earned a start which should help, and I'm hoping it's Chambers that comes in for Carlos.

Draw would be a solid result, win and things would be looking up ahead of the West Ham game as I fancy us in that. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Zaha is a little cretin. Most unlikeable guy in the league. Miserable ****

He’ll be out to wind Mings up from the start. I hope Tyrone keeps his composure and wins that battle, even better if it results in Zaha getting sent off. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I fancy Palace unless we play better.

To be fair you would think Buendia has earned a start which should help, and I'm hoping it's Chambers that comes in for Carlos.

Draw would be a solid result, win and things would be looking up ahead of the West Ham game as I fancy us in that. 

A draw would be acceptable all things considered. A loss would cause carnage on here. 

Martinez

Cash           Chambers            Mings            Digne

McGinn         Kamara      Douglas Luiz

Bailey                             Buendia

Watkins

• Like 2

in his first few games in charge the team went against Palace and worked hard and were hard to beat, high press and the way we won was impressive, that cohesion and work rate has not been something we have consistently done under Gerrard, but be interesting to see if we can replicate it tomorrow.

• Like 2

I was sure we'd beat Bournemouth, didn't think we'd beat Everton, and don't fancy us here. So if my logic is correct that means we should win?

Seriously though I just hope to see a better performance than we have seen so far this season, where we've been too disjointed. Palace are a decent team so this will be a good test. 

Oh and free Emi

Edited by VBM

I said in the tactics thread that we will need to instruct our FB's to stay 'home' more in this game, we need to eliminate Andersen's diagonal ball to the full backs and wide players. I know the 4-3-1-2 works for us, but I'd be tempted to go with a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 to try and deal with the width.