Pre-match thread

wedge

20 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

in his first few games in charge the team went against Palace and worked hard and were hard to beat, high press and the way we won was impressive, that cohesion and work rate has not been something we have consistently done under Gerrard, but be interesting to see if we can replicate it tomorrow.

It was just new manager bounce I'm afraid as we then did that v Leicester at home the next weekend but that type of performance hasn't been seen much at all in last six months.

Hopefully we've spent all week learning how to defend a frigging corner.  

We probably haven't though so expect us to gift them at least 1 easy goal.  

If Konsa starts over Chambers then we've got a problem straight away. 

Hopefully Buendia plays & Ings has a bit of confidence back after his goal,  as I think we will create chances, just need to take them.  

• Like 1

Chambers and Emi to start please! I'd probably take a draw right now but hope to see a good performance with the players looking like they know what they are doing.

Unrelated but Wolves looked very organised Vs Spurs in the first half - a lot more solid than we have been certainly and I'd like to see us become harder to play against.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Got a horrible feeling this is gonna be quite a heavy loss. 3-0 Palace 

No doubt if we play as we have.

Watching Wolves at Spurs? Controlled most of the game. Even if they lose, so much to build on there for them.

I would love us to play well regardless of result so I don't have to be so certain Gerrard will fail here.

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No doubt if we play as we have.

Watching Wolves at Spurs? Controlled most of the game. Even if they lose, so much to build on there for them.

I would love us to play well regardless of result so I don't have to be so certain Gerrard will fail here.

They have superb central midfielders. Until we decide to improve the middle of the park, we’ll never be able to control games the way Wolves have (for the most part) against Spurs. It’s not rocket science. 

• Like 1