Pre-match thread

wedge

11 hours ago, Wes said:

Martinez

Cash           Chambers            Mings            Digne

McGinn         Kamara      Douglas Luiz

Bailey                             Buendia

Watkins

This but Ramsey for Bailey. We need Ramsey's pressures in games like this I feel. He did great last season Vs Palace at Selhurst Park too 

i posted earlier some questions about style of play.  I still wonder about the best way for us to break down a well organized and committed defense.  You lot were not helpful to me.  :)     But just purely on the wish of a fan, I'm gonna say Stevie will figure it out.  This will click and we'll win 3-1  theirs will come on or restart, likely a corner.   Can't wait for the match to give me something fun this weekend.

7 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

He always looks like he doesn't want to be there, never seems to smile, and can be a little bit condescending. Cheer up Steve, we have a game tomorrow.

Would you want to sit and field the same inane questions week after week? Seriously, “what does a win mean to the players?” Dire journalism!

• Like 1

Feel like todays game is a 50/50 game that will probably tell us more about where the squad is at then the last two games. 

I know we won there last season but it was Gerrards 2nd game in charge and we had our new manager bounce but I feel like Palace will edge us here. We have had more rest time for this game and Palace should be a bit more tired after all the running they had to do against Liverpool but I bet they look fitter then us today! 

Buendia has to start today, be interesting if he does go him and Coutinho or does he drop Coutinho to the bench and play Buendia behind Ings and Watkins as I believe it’s not something we have seen from the start yet? Apart from that it will be who does he replace Carlos with, I hope it’s Chambers but feel it’s going to be Konsa. 

Expect Palace to dominate the possession and us playing on the counter attack, which when you look at our goals against Everton where they both came on counter attack so it might suit us as we struggle to break teams down

Narrow 2-1 loss here 

Very tough game this but Palace are certainly beatable. A rival for a top ten place, yes probably. Going to say a 2-1 win but would take a point.

Martinez

Kamara      

McGinn                       Ramsey

Buendia

Ings                      Watkins                

Subs:  Olsen, Augustinsson, Young, Konsa, Iroegbunam, Luiz, Bailey, Coutinho, Archer

• Like 1

I don’t know what to think about this game. I’ve watched both of Palace’s games as they were on TV. Thought they looked poor against Arsenal and good against Liverpool. 

The obvious question is who takes Carlos’ place and do we continue with Couthino? I’d go with:

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Digne 

Kamara

McGinn                Ramsey

Buendia

Ings              Watkins 

I’m not going to be able to watch this one live today, I couldn’t watch Everton live either and we won that. So, clearly we will win today. Which poses the question, if you could guarantee Villa would win if you didn’t watch it, would you want to? 

1-2 Villa. Watkins and McGinn.

I would love to see Luiz in for McGinn but that’s Unlikely, so I hope we go with below. 

Kamara      

McGinn                       Ramsey

Buendia                                Coutinho 

Watkins