wedge

I'd go with this:

Martinez

Chambers   Mings 

Cash                                            Digne

McGinn  Kamara  Ramsey

Buendia

Watkins    Ings

Subs: Olsen, Konsa, Augustinsson, Coutinho, Bailey, Archer, Young, Luiz, Hause/Feeney.

I'd also be tempted to play both Coutinho and Buendia but not sure who I'd drop..

(Gutted for Diego Carlos)

• Like 1

This is quite a tough one to call,  they have lots of height, athleticism and power in their midfield, a solid defence and quite a good attack too. A well balanced and drilled team all over the pitch. They have wide players who can expose our compact formation, but recently we have done fairly well against them. I think this game is a coin toss, and you could argue reasons why we would win, or indeed why they would win. I'm going 2-1 Villa, thing Ings to score another and Watkins to get on the scoresheet. Reckon Gerrard will go 2 up top again

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Just enjoy the win! Have a week of being in the top 10, feels good right.

Going to be an absolute meltdown here next Saturday when we lose to Palace. Just cant see us beating them away from home. Please prove me wrong.

With the players we have I expect to beat teams like palace.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Going to be an absolute meltdown here next Saturday when we lose to Palace. Just cant see us beating them away from home

Win or lose some will be pissed off.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We should be able to put in some really strong performances with what we've got. Hopefully whatever the manager is trying will click at some point. Saturday a great place to start.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Palace a pretty good side to be honest.

Our games are usually very competitive, did we beat them twice last season or was it a win and a draw?

But yeah agree on the whole, but reckon they are definitely a tougher test than Bournemouth and Everton so we will have to be at it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Palace a pretty good side to be honest.

Our games are usually very competitive, did we beat them twice last season or was it a win and a draw?

But yeah agree on the whole, but reckon they are definitely a tougher test than Bournemouth and Everton so we will have to be at it.

Two wins I think.

it’s not that I don’t think they are a decent team but we have the best squad outside the top 6 in the league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Two wins I think.

it’s not that I don’t think they are a decent team but we have the best squad outside the top 6 in the league.

Yeah I mentioned before that I need a win at least, just to make up for Bournemouth lol.

Ideally 3 wins including Palace and West Ham ( We are well overdue a result there ) to get our PPG in good place before Arsenal and City.

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I mentioned before that I need a win at least, just to make up for Bournemouth lol.

Ideally 3 wins including Palace and West Ham ( We are well overdue a result there ) to get our PPG in good place before Arsenal and City.

9 from 4 would have been the target before the season started from me

19 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

True, we have the superior squad. There is no excuse not to win this one.

There is always an excuse, shit happens but averaged out over a season you expect to beat the teams in this bracket.

5 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

True, we have the superior squad. There is no excuse not to win this one.

Behave!

I think you are grossly underestimating a good palace team. They will be fighting at the same level as us this season.

Tbh with the Carlos news and our general play atm I'd even have them as favourites. 

• Like 3