Pre-match thread

wedge

Just now, mrchnry said:

The line up shows Gerrard doesn't know what his starting 11 is. Buendia starting is what we all want to happen so let's hope we see what we've been hoping for. 

I mean, you know we face different teams each week? That have different strengths and weaknesses? 

Could that be part of it? 

Or is 'Gerrard sucks' the only possible answer here?

• Like 3

Just now, mrchnry said:

The line up shows Gerrard doesn't know what his starting 11 is. Buendia starting is what we all want to happen so let's hope we see what we've been hoping for. 

I think the idea of a “best 11” is outdated. A good manager looks at the opposition along with his own team and picks the team most likely to pick up the win. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Although keeping Young in for Cash backup with Guilbert available?

Young is a much more versatile bench warmer. Can cover many positions and offer a mature head if we are defending a lead entering the last 10 mins or so.  

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

When we talk about expectations, how many teams can have quality like Ings and Coutinho on the bench? 

This is easily the strongest squad since MON IMO. 

Honestly, I think it's stronger. It's just that the league is a lot stronger now than then.

• Like 1

Whilst i do prefer that team ro the one that started at Everton..its still got some weird choices. Most significantly Luiz still not starting.

I'd have gone

Sanson instead of Nakambea

Guilbert instead of young

Ramsey swapped for Luiz

Ings swapped for Watkins.

Forgot: Chambers swapped for Konsa.

Hey ho. Come on villa. A much needed away win please .

Edited by MrBlack