Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

27 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

And when we win the ‘race for Europe’ thread will be up instead. 

You can’t take this place seriously. 

As the character of Cliff Lawton said in The Thick of It when his would be campaign manager drops him in an instant -

That's your thing, isn't it? Everything has to be in absolutes, everything has to be black and white. You know, "I love you -f*** off".

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Down to twelfth if Palace win....

A Palace win is actually my preferred result.

Can't stomach the likes of Brentford being so far away lol.

This would even it up a bit and make those more catchable.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Closer to European places than we are to the relegation zone. Why are people concerned?

People moaning for the sack of it. Wins against Everton and Palace puts within 8th. Those are winnable games for sure. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

People moaning for the sack of it. Wins against Everton and Palace puts within 8th. Those are winnable games for sure. 

They should be, but I question the mentality of the players. We have a squad that could win 80% of the remaining games but as easily lose 80% of them.

We'd basically need hit Gerrard esque form and about 6 of the teams below us to hit Champions League form, to end up relegated IMO. Ain't going to happen. 

Emery has had a tough run of fixtures, bar 1 or 2. Utd, Spurs, Brighton, City,  Arsenal all above us, we won 3 of those, so I am quite sure we will beat some of the sides below us in our remaining games. 

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The aim can be whatever you want it to be in your head but you’re in dreamland if you think this squad is going to finish in the top 10 even with Emery in charge who I agree, seems to be a very good manager. Prepare to be appalled. 

Dreamland? We’re 3 points off t10 and our next fixtures are Everton (A), Palace (H), West Ham (A), Bournemouth (H), Chelsea (A), Forest (H). Obviously “all games are hard games”, but we could very feasibly get 12 points from those and be in the top half.

12 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

We'd basically need hit Gerrard esque form and about 6 of the teams below us to hit Champions League form, to end up relegated IMO. Ain't going to happen. 

Emery has had a tough run of fixtures, bar 1 or 2. Utd, Spurs, Brighton, City,  Arsenal all above us, we won 3 of those, so I am quite sure we will beat some of the sides below us in our remaining games. 

Spurs, Brighton, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal all played in his first 9 league games. It’s been a very tough start on paper. 

• Like 1

Our worst losing run under Gerrard was four straight defeats wasn't it?

For us to be seriously in relegation battle we'd have to lose 7 out of 8 games e.g. three of our next four and just draw the other one

Dosen't say much for this squad of players if they're just going to chuck the season and then scramble a win or two right at the end.

We should be better than that now and I think we will be.

We're playing very poorly. XG for in last three games just 2.12 which is very poor indeed. XG against 8.97. It's not a fluke we've lost the last three games, it's been thoroughly deserved. Wide open defensively and creating very little going forward, although we've managed to score five goals in that time so our finishing has clearly been good.

We need a win against Everton and a dominant performance really to show we're an actual good team. We're playing like a team in the bottom 3 currently, not a midtable team.