Parenting Corner: The joys and trials of raising little Villans

Marka Ragnos

5 hours ago, wilko154 said:

With a baby on the way I now wish I had never entered this thread...

Think I've said this before about parenthood but you'll find that they'll do something absolutely trivial but it'll annoy you more anyone has ever annoyed you before.

They'll then do something completely mundane and it'll be the funniest, cutest and greatest thing that you've ever seen and you'll absolutely melt.

All of this will happen in the space of 5 minutes and happen again and again. 

It's unbelievably hard work and will be way more than you have imagined. But it'll be the absolutely best thing you'll ever do. 

• Like 4

I've said it to a few of my mates who were expecting their first. 

When it's shit, it's the absolute worst. I've never felt so stressed, scared or upset as I have during these last 7 years. 

But when its great, it's unbelievable and I've never felt love and joy as I have these last 7 years. 

Then there's a lot of tired boring parts. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wilko154 said:

With a baby on the way I now wish I had never entered this thread...

I like to think that my kid is my best mate; but it's a best mate whose arse you have to wipe multiple times per day. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This guy is an absolute menace to society. How he hasn’t been locked up yet is a scandal. 

Costing the public services thousands of pounds a week. 

Sign my petition to get this monster off the streets

ADE6FB11-F7C2-4D9C-9825-F7CB17791A87.jpeg

Ah Norman Price, he has a lot to answer for...Sam's illegitimate love child some might say!

First time poster in this thread....

The last twelve years have been crazy, my three boys are eleven, seven and four.

They are all wonderful, beautiful, nuts and tremendously frustrating at the same time.

All at a private school here in Aberdeen, we are not loaded (stoopid) enough to pay it's the Grandparents. £12-14k each per child...but the school is the best in the city.

As a martial artist myself since I was seven (45 now) I made sure all of them began Judo at four, they are all still going. The oldest is now big and strong so we can spar a little together!

He is also keen on Drama, singing and Warhammer and attends weekly classes in all.

The middle one plays lots of football and loves the Villa, he plays for school and the local district club. Matches every week and training Four times per week.

My four year old plays tennis and loves swimming. He also seems most likely to grow up and become a despotic leader of a third world country.

Sometimes I talk with other parents and they appear to question existence too like me on a regular basis.

Some days it's great, other days it is War!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 3

Just keeping the little **** focused in a morning is a chore, telling me a story of how a yeti or sirenhead was making a zipline in the neighbours garden, eat your toast, carries on, eat your toast. Toast ate, upstairs and brush your teeth and wash, upstairs goes straight into his room and starts playing with a hotwheel, come on, teeth!, Brushes teeth and washes, so now, pants and socks on, distracted by a little light thing on top of his drawers, pants and socks!!!! discussion for 2 minutes on how he has pants on, laughing at me for it, but then I point out to the pedantic little shit, clean pants. Pants on, 2 minute dance to put on socks, again distracted by the hotwheel. Socks on, shirt trousers and jumper on. I settle in the spare room to do some work. Too quiet, much too quiet. Sat on the floor playing with a car in his pants and socks. I put his shirt on and he puts the rest on. OK, downstairs and shoes on. Downstairs immediately, excellent. 5 quiet minutes, opening and consuming his advent calendar, chilling with his switch on the sofa. SHOES!!!!!! Shoes on, coat on, hat on, small discussion on the yeti and sirenhead making the zipline, out to his mums car. No, not out to his mums car, out to mine to draw faces in the frost on mine. IN THE CAR!!!!! Thank god its the last day today.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"You know, I didn't wanna be the guy who woke up when he was 65 and said, 'Gee, I forgot to have kids.' I mean. Somebody took the time to have us, right?" 

To everybody who regularly reads or contributes to this thread, I strongly recommend a read of Tom Waits on fatherhood. It's marvellous, and bang on the money. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Oh I'm also a glorified Taxi driver taking all four boys to Judo, swimming, football, drama, tennis, drama, singing and Warhammer.

My youngest has her driver-license now. REVENGE!!!!!

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This guy is an absolute menace to society. How he hasn’t been locked up yet is a scandal. 

He's such a hazard that they've had to station an entire firefighting unit in a tiny Welsh village!

They then seemingly spend all their time either training or sorting out the mess this kid has caused.  Absolute scandal.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

He's such a hazard that they've had to station an entire firefighting unit in a tiny Welsh village!

They then seemingly spend all their time either training or sorting out the mess this kid has caused.  Absolute scandal.

It’s insane. They’re always totally fine with him afterwards as well. As if they don’t remember the day before when their entire shift was dedicated to putting out a fire in a shop that the little ginger word removed had started. 

Lock him up

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s insane. They’re always totally fine with him afterwards as well. As if they don’t remember the day before when their entire shift was dedicated to putting out a fire in a shop that the little ginger word removed had started. 

Lock him up

Still, at least he isn't Bing.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Needs to be put on special measures.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I reckon Sam's actually behind it all. Making himself look like a hero by constantly saving the day. He managed to get a Hollywood film made about him out of it. 

Only explanation why there's so much carnage in one small village with no repercussions. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

When I read this earlier this morning the image hadn't loaded and I was certain you were talking about your kid :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I assume this is a kids' TV show I haven't encountered yet. 

Â