Parenting Corner: The joys and trials of raising little Villans

Marka Ragnos

On 17/12/2022 at 04:55, Genie said:

It was aways the Turtles before school for us, and weirdly we used to watch the old-old episodes of Neighbours that were on UK Gold. 

In the winter the 3 of us children would sit one in front of the other in front of the 2 bar electric fireplace in the living. No central heating then. Later on used to have one of these in the hallway. Gas bottle in the back  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW_Cp52Lvx9a5w0KDO3u-

Yup 

Carbon Monoxide machine that also pumped out heat.

On 17/12/2022 at 03:25, mjmooney said:

Oh, Bing is paradise compared with the favoured choices of the two year old GD. 

Cocomelon, Gabby's Dollhouse, Blippy, Baby Shark. 

Kill me now. 

On 17/12/2022 at 06:58, Stevo985 said:

Cocomelon is utter horse shit. 

Unfortunately Jack loves it

Mike it sounds like your G'Kids and your kid Ben are about a year behind mine,

Wait until you get to the f**** absolute c*** **** ******** ***** face ****spunk **** ******* loving *****head that is Blippi.

And also the ***** ing ***** word removed *** absolute ******* Ryan. His parents should be interned, sterilized and sleep deprived ad infinitum.

56 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Wait until you get to the f**** absolute c*** **** ******** ***** face ****spunk **** ******* loving *****head that is Blippi.

And also the ***** ing ***** word removed *** absolute ******* Ryan. His parents should be interned, sterilized and sleep deprived ad infinitum.

Ryan is a big deal here. My grandson rages that I tell him he must be in his early 20s now. My grandson also likes a YouTuber called Unspeakable. He looks like he should be on a register. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Ryan is a big deal here. My grandson rages that I tell him he must be in his early 20s now. My grandson also likes a YouTuber called Unspeakable. He looks like he should be on a register. 

In 10 years they will both be in jail for child abuse / and or tax evasion I'm sure of it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Yeah, I mentioned Blippi (although I spelled it wrong). She loves him. Makes Mister Tumble suddenly seem watchable. 

• Like 1

My 3 year old has never really done ‘imaginative play’ before, but he started acting out little scenes with his toys in the bath last night, making up stories and putting little voices on. It was lovely to just sit and watch.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

My 3 year old has never really done ‘imaginative play’ before, but he started acting out little scenes with his toys in the bath last night, making up stories and putting little voices on. It was lovely to just sit and watch.

What a little loser

• Haha 3

Well, at least Blippi is better than the dudes prior act - Steezy Grossman. Don't google it. He shat all over his mate. No, seriously, I'm not kidding (on both points. The poop and the don't google it).

6 minutes ago, hogso said:

Well, at least Blippi is better than the dudes prior act - Steezy Grossman. Don't google it. He shat all over his mate. No, seriously, I'm not kidding (on both points. The poop and the don't google it).

I'm surprised he was employed as a children's entertainer, then. 

Mine did his standard trick. Gave us two nights in a row sleeping through until 5:30, which is as good as it ever gets. Then just as we think he's cracked it, he gives us a night of waking up every half an hour between 10:30 and 2:30am

Then he was up at 5 for the day

Wonderful.

Of all the hardships that come with having a kid, I've got to say the lack of sleep is the only one that truly bothers me. It's driving me crazy

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Mine did his standard trick. Gave us two nights in a row sleeping through until 5:30, which is as good as it ever gets. Then just as we think he's cracked it, he gives us a night of waking up every half an hour between 10:30 and 2:30am

Then he was up at 5 for the day

Wonderful.

Of all the hardships that come with having a kid, I've got to say the lack of sleep is the only one that truly bothers me. It's driving me crazy

Just ignore him, he’ll quickly learn that there’s nothing to wake up for. 

You’ll have a couple of nights of hell, then it’ll all fall into place. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Just ignore him, he’ll quickly learn that there’s nothing to wake up for. 

You’ll have a couple of nights of hell, then it’ll all fall into place. 

We're pretty good to be fair. We abide by the sleep training. So go in, lie him down and then leave again. And he generally falls asleep quickly. 

Leaving him just doesn't work. I've done an hour before. He just gets worse and worse

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We're pretty good to be fair. We abide by the sleep training. So go in, lie him down and then leave again. And he generally falls asleep quickly. 

Leaving him just doesn't work. I've done an hour before. He just gets worse and worse

The sleep training clearly isn’t working…

You gotta dig in, write off 2 nights for long term gains. Trust me, it works but you’ve got to be strong.

If you’re caving in after an hour he knows that it’s worth him keep going as you’ll eventually be along. It’s the worst thing to do.

If you’ve left him (cos you know he’s, safe, fed, warm etc) he will occasionally do a little cry but then give up quickly as he knows nobody is coming (cos it’s sleep time).

Whichever book you have that tells you to run into him every time he cries in the night should be burned.

Edited by Genie

Â