Parenting Corner: The joys and trials of raising little Villans

Marka Ragnos

Yeah this year is the year that santa is coming for my 2 year olds dummies, leave them on the table in exchange for a present

We'll see how that goes...

I'm hoping it at least starts with a bit of buzz this year and an inclination as to what's going on

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah this year is the year that santa is coming for my 2 year olds dummies, leave them on the table in exchange for a present

We'll see how that goes...

My parents did that for my sister. Worked an absolute treat to be fair

• Like 1

Our two year old granddaughter was just sitting with me looking at photos and videos of herself from earlier this year, where she was in nappies and sucking a dummy - both now consigned to history. She's gone from 'baby' to 'toddler' to 'little girl' in the space of a few months. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

My lad is approaching 6 months and has very little interest in dummies.

That's good. Neither of my kids did, neither did granddaughters 1 & 2. No. 3 did, however. She's different in other ways, too, e.g. she's now pointblank refusing to have naps. The more tired she gets, the more manic and hyper, eventually resulting in massive meltdown tantrums. The only way to get her to nap is a walk in the buggy (on the promise to go to a playground). An hour later she wakes up in a calmer mood, having completely forgotten about the playground. Dunno how long this trick will keep working. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Genie said:

There’s a thing at Ash End Farm (2 mins from Bodymoor Heath) where you leave the dummies for the pigs (don’t ask me why). 

Thats not a nice way to talk about kids. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

My lad is approaching 6 months and has very little interest in dummies.

From memory and also having a 4 month old they don't at the start it comes later when the teething starts and the proper obsession with them comes after 1 not before

The refusing to nap thing that money mentioned... **** hell it's killing me! I've actually ditched working from home now because she was causing stress between me and the wife, my little un is a terror over napping, she won't do it doesn't want to do it but she just needs it for her own good, goes back to nursery in January after 8 months off following thr birth of our 2nd and it can't come quick enough

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The refusing to nap thing that money mentioned... **** hell it's killing me! I've actually ditched working from home now because she was causing stress between me and the wife, my little un is a terror over napping, she won't do it doesn't want to do it but she just needs it for her own good, goes back to nursery in January after 8 months off following thr birth of our 2nd and it can't come quick enough

I'm understand our non-napping terror does agree to a nap when she's at nursery. Go figure. 

On 27/10/2022 at 09:38, Genie said:

There’s a thing at Ash End Farm (2 mins from Bodymoor Heath) where you leave the dummies for the pigs (don’t ask me why). It worked with ours as a way for them to give them up.

Yeah seem this . There’s also places up Cannock chase where you can leave them for the fairies .

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm understand our non-napping terror does agree to a nap when she's at nursery. Go figure. 

Could you drop them off at nursery for a few hours around lunchtime? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Keep plastering the dummies in marmite or some other god awful crap , and they soon grow out of the dummy phase .

Marmite? Crap? 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Keep plastering the dummies in marmite or some other god awful crap , and they soon grow out of the dummy phase .

All our grandkids absolutely love Marmite, and rightly so. 

Â