Calvin Bassey

Wes

1 hour ago, useless said:

He would be an automatic starter at a lot of clubs, and could potentially join a better positioned club than us as a back-up option, both Chelsea and Bayern have been linked.

I'm starting to think we would actually have a better chance of signing Hickey, as we could probably offer him more minutes given he can play either left-back or right-back, Bassey I don't think would even be considered as a central defence option for us unless we had a lot of injuries, Konsa, Mings, Chambers, and Carlos will all be ahead of him.

If he was to sign it would have to be purely as back-up to Digne.

I doubt we will sign either Bassey or Hickey, Sergio Gomez or someone of a similar age profile to him more likely.

Bassey is 22 and Hickey will be 20 tomorrow. Gomez is 21, how much more of a similar age profile are u looking for?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bassey is 22 and Hickey will be 20 tomorrow. Gomez is 21, how much more of a similar age profile are u looking for?

Born within weeks? Days? Minutes?

Lets get goddam granular I say!

I meant to write

Sergio Gomez or someone of a similar age and profile to him more likely

That is a young promising left-back like Gomez who probably wouldn't expect as much game time as players like Bassey or Hickey, and who also wouldn't cost £20m plus.

Also we rarely sign players that we're strongly and constantly linked with in the media, I think the last one was Watkins, our signings are usually players that have been briefly mentioned in the media or not at all.

On 10/06/2022 at 14:29, skarroki said:

I don't get it 

The infamous Face to Face meetings with signings?

Think " Facial " became the running joke for these under Sherwood I believe?

Most " adults " I guess know the other meaning of " Facials " etc.

So basically I was saying it's why we wouldn't appoint you to be trying to convince our signings.

Anyway, the post was obviously an epic fail. lol

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The infamous Face to Face meetings with signings?

Think " Facial " became the running joke for these under Sherwood I believe?

Most " adults " I guess know the other meaning of " Facials " etc.

So basically I was saying it's why we wouldn't appoint you to be trying to convince our signings.

Anyway, the post was obviously an epic fail. lol

spacer.png 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

I would rather keep Archer here and do no business with either Celtic or Rangers 

I agree, horrible excuses for football clubs...

Archer would be better playing in the Championship for a short-loan perhaps a season where the standard is better.

• Like 1

On 09/06/2022 at 17:41, useless said:

He would be an automatic starter at a lot of clubs, and could potentially join a better positioned club than us as a back-up option, both Chelsea and Bayern have been linked.

I'm starting to think we would actually have a better chance of signing Hickey, as we could probably offer him more minutes given he can play either left-back or right-back, Bassey I don't think would even be considered as a central defence option for us unless we had a lot of injuries, Konsa, Mings, Chambers, and Carlos will all be ahead of him.

If he was to sign it would have to be purely as back-up to Digne.

I doubt we will sign either Bassey or Hickey, Sergio Gomez or someone of a similar age profile to him more likely.

Bassey could be utilised as SG's minder, when he goes on holiday.😀

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Off to Wolves apparently. Pictured at their training ground. Not sure when that was though as I believe he is on int. duty?

It's nonsense, he is currently with the Nigerian national team--their game kicks off at 2pm.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

I've seen suggestions, from Wolves fans, that it might have been some sort of social media firm that posted the picture but posted it to the wrong player's instagram account. Would be a strange signing for them as they have two left-backs already, and the rest of their team needs a big enough rebuild as it is without signing players in positions where they don't need reinforcements, also this kind of signing would be very unlike them fullstop, all their signings are almost all connected to Mendes in one way or another, either through his agency or through clubs that he has a big influence over.

On 10/06/2022 at 12:31, Demitri_C said:

Offer rangers archer on loan as part of the deal to bring bassey here

Not the right thing to do. Gerrard wants to see Archer in pre season and assess him. I also assume we need our new LB in before we fly to Australia. So involving Archer as part of a loan in a Bassey deal is a non runner.

2 hours ago, useless said:

I've seen suggestions, from Wolves fans, that it might have been some sort of social media firm that posted the picture but posted it to the wrong player's instagram account. Would be a strange signing for them as they have two left-backs already, and the rest of their team needs a big enough rebuild as it is without signing players in positions where they don't need reinforcements, also this kind of signing would be very unlike them fullstop, all their signings are almost all connected to Mendes in one way or another, either through his agency or through clubs that he has a big influence over.

No footballers manage their own social media accounts. They have professionals to do that. It's why you see apologies from players posted for everything. It's controlling the narrative by media professionals. Image rights are worth a lot of money to footballers and clubs and anything a player wants to post gets reviewed by their team. Especially anything advertising / promoting.

These type of errors happen all the time. Whoever posted it to wrong account by accident deleted it and posted on the correct account. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

No footballers manage their own social media accounts. They have professionals to do that. It's why you see apologies from players posted for everything. It's controlling the narrative by media professionals. Image rights are worth a lot of money to footballers and clubs and anything a player wants to post gets reviewed by their team. Especially anything advertising / promoting.

These type of errors happen all the time. Whoever posted it to wrong account by accident deleted it and posted on the correct account. 

Actually makes it possible that he has a representative in Wolverhampton, given the post was geotagged to Wolverhampton and had access to his account.  Don’t know enough about insta to know if you can fake a geo tag on it's platform.

Alternatively (more likely) the person in question also represents someone else that is on their way to join Wolverhampton.

Edited by MrBlack

• 1 month later...
Â