Calvin Bassey

Wes

6 hours ago, Rangers72 said:

Bassey is a LB primarily and is only playing CB with us because our other 2 CB’s are injury prone. He is much more effective out wide. He’s got bags of tricks and pace to burn and his crossing is brilliant. He’s the perfect full back for Gerrards system. 

to the poster calling us “Huns” away and boil yer heid. 

The thing is, he’s a monster physically so it might be that whilst he has all those tricks and abilities, the team that takes him off Rangers might want to convert him into a centre half. 

It will be interesting to see where he ends up. Hopefully you guys are happy with the fee either way 👍

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

The thing is, he’s a monster physically so it might be that whilst he has all those tricks and abilities, the team that takes him off Rangers might want to convert him into a centre half. 

It will be interesting to see where he ends up. Hopefully you guys are happy with the fee either way 👍

He was a CB at a younger age with Leicester so he has natural ability there. He definitely offers more at LB. He’s not great in the air. 

• Like 1

Can't see us spending that much for a back up left back, although I do like the look of him. If we can afford it I say go for him. 

Defence of Cash, Hayden, Chambers, Carlos, Mings, Digne and Bassey would be pretty decent.

I'd be wanting to sell Konsa out of that crop, Guilbert I don't think has a future here anymore either.

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

Can't see us spending that much for a back up left back, although I do like the look of him. If we can afford it I say go for him. 

Defence of Cash, Hayden, Chambers, Carlos, Mings, Digne and Bassey would be pretty decent.

I'd be wanting to sell Konsa out of that crop, Guilbert I don't think has a future here anymore either.

I'd make him the LB/LCB backup and potential Mings replacement in the longer term.

Move Hause on, and the lad covers 2 positions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd make him the LB/LCB backup and potential Mings replacement in the longer term.

Move Hause on, and the lad covers 2 positions.

I think losing Mings will make us weaker if I'm honest. I get your logic as Konsa is the right centre back but if I had to pick between who to keep n sell, I'd keep Mings over Konsa.

6 minutes ago, supermon said:

I think losing Mings will make us weaker if I'm honest. I get your logic as Konsa is the right centre back but if I had to pick between who to keep n sell, I'd keep Mings over Konsa.

Don't get me wrong mate.

I've said many a time I actually don't want to lose Mings, AT ALL.

For me, he means more to us than just a player, he's Mr. Aston Villa for me ATM.

Also agree re Konsa and have said the same myself.

So preferably, I'd want us to have someone who could deputise for Mings, and slowly phase him out if we must.

• Like 2

Comparing the SPL to the Premier League isn't really fair, but that's not to say players can't make the move and be just as good if not better at this level. Rangers seem to rate him very highly, sadly I doubt he'd be particularly cheap so I'd look elsewhere. 

It makes sense to me to have Carlos, Mings, and Konsa as our main CB's, then have Chamber and Bassey as back up to them and right back and left back respectively. Perfect squad balance there and scope to add another defender next summer if we have the extra games that come with European football. 

If Bassey signs Hause leaves, defence done.

• Like 1

From what I have heard and read about him, it does seem like he would be one who could develop a lot more and become a proper unit of a defender, but also one who is good at attacking and putting crosses into the box. This is very similar to Michail Antonio, who used to be used in that position a lot in the championship.

Can this guy play up front!? Chris Samba did it for us and scored haha. On a serious note it does seem like he can play a variety of positions and has a heigh ceiling, also possesses the attributes we need in our team. we have to make sure the price is right though

5 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

From what I have heard and read about him, it does seem like he would be one who could develop a lot more and become a proper unit of a defender, but also one who is good at attacking and putting crosses into the box. This is very similar to Michail Antonio, who used to be used in that position a lot in the championship.

Can this guy play up front!? Chris Samba did it for us and scored haha. On a serious note it does seem like he can play a variety of positions and has a heigh ceiling, also possesses the attributes we need in our team. we have to make sure the price is right though

Steve Cooper reveals what Keinan Davis said to him after Nottingham Forest  brace - Nottinghamshire Live

• Thanks 1

Â