Calvin Bassey

Wes

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know this is the running joke on Keinan, but he actually HAS scored.

Something like scored 5   assisted 3 and assisted the assist about 10 . And caused chaos in the opposition defence 79 times 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Something like scored 5   assisted 3 and assisted the assist about 10 . And caused chaos in the opposition defence 79 times 

If Forest win on Sunday he could be worth about 10m to us. They would have to sign him, he has had a similar impact there as Mings had for us when we won promotion and we effectively had no choice but to sign him permanently for top dollar at the time

All the comments I've seen from Rangers fans suggest he's nowhere near as good in central defence as he is at left back, and all the praise e gets centres around him being a left back and his attacking p!ay down the left hand side.

Edited by useless

1 minute ago, useless said:

All the comments I've seen from Rangers fans suggest he's nowhere near as good in central defence as he is in central defence, and all the praise e gets centres around him being a left back and his attacking p!ay down the left hand side.

We probably going to need a left back. So I’ll take it, especially if he can cover LCB in a pinch 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

All the comments I've seen from Rangers fans suggest he's nowhere near as good in central defence as he is at left back, and all the praise e gets centres around him being a left back and his attacking p!ay down the left hand side.

Which would make me happier with the signing tbh. I'd rather keep Mings at LCB and gradually phase him out than sign two LCB (Carlos and Bassey).

If Bassey comes in as LB instead, backup to Digne. But can also fill in for Mings in an injury crisis, cool. I'm more on board.

Id prefer Hickey as backup to Digne as he can cover Cash too and may have a good chance at replacing Digne eventually. But if it's Bassey and instead of deputising Cash he deputises Mings, cool, I can make my peace with that.

Not at £25m though

• Like 1

You're absolutely spot on, we would be getting a great defender and a fantastic left back.

Bayern Munich and Chelsea supposedly now linked, not sure how reliable those links are though.

27 minutes ago, useless said:

We only need a Left Back. We've currently 5 players who play in CB at the club.

Loan out Hause, sign Bassey. Keep KKH around the squad until January

Digne/Bassey, Mings/Carlos/Konsa/Chambers, Cash/KKH - then if Young signs a new deal we've a utility player in there too.

Would still prefer Hickey though just for the fact can also play right back, I think having someone that can play both fullback positions would be more beneficial than someone that can play one fullback position of central defence.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's a LB and CB, why would he need to play in midfield?

I should clarify.. I’m trying to understand what type of player he is.. I’m not expecting him or want him to play in midfield.. is he  the type of player who might have the capacity to play elsewhere other than LB or CB

• Like 1

Â