Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The worry is that he loses some pace when he does return and just may not be the same player. There must also be a big psychological challenge with returning from this type of injury as it surely prays on the mind that it may happen again

Yep and also still settling into a new country with little command of the language (I assume he's still in a hotel). Hopefully the south americans will be seeing him regularly over next few months to keep his spirits up especially when winter hits.

8 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Makes you think it's more than a coincidence, though it probably is. All the same, I sometimes wonder if our physios fully understand the fitness levels of our new signings or if we push them too far too early on.

Does this happen to us an abnormal amount compared with everyone else?

It is crazy how many Villa players careers have been destroyed, ended or put on hold for months. Seen the list above that is 12 players (including Steer) since we have been back in the Premier League...3 years!

Not a conspiracy theorist but there is something that is not right here, is it down to conditioning of our players?, or just simply that we continually buy players made of glass when they put a Villa shirt on?

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Not so hard now are you? Look me in the eyes you little b*tch.... This is MY VILLA! " 🤣

FB_IMG_1660557837709.jpg

Jokes - just find it ironic that King Tyrone is the one comforting him after all the " turmoil "

* Trying to make light of a terrible situation 🤦🏿‍♂️

Mings got a couple of bad injuries after joining Bournemouth didn't he so he's been there himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Yep and also still settling into a new country with little command of the language (I assume he's still in a hotel). Hopefully the south americans will be seeing him regularly over next few months to keep his spirits up especially when winter hits.

These things are really important for his overall recovery and getting back into our team. I wonder will be be off home to recover or will he stay in Brum. It would not be fun if he was stuck in a hotel room. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Everton are having a really rough time with injuries too and the season Virgil was injured, Liverpool had a very difficult time with injuries. I think all club's fans think their club is unlucky

Yes, but there are degrees to it. If Liverpool fans think they're unlucky (remember, this was a 'very difficult time' where they still finished 3rd, following on from a league championship the previous season and preceding an EFL cup, FA cup and CL final the following), then they're morons. On the other hand, Everton fans probably have a legitimate reason to feel their success has been frustrated by extenuating factors (and factors within the club's control).

Edited by His Name Is Death

13 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He didn't take 11 months. He was out injured for just 278 days which is just about 9 months, depending upon how many days in the month. That that is one single example. My comment uses the word 'mean' in the timings and is actually backed up with verified data 😀

Nah, nobody has ever recovered from a ruptured achilles in 5 months.

An NFL player did last season through pretty groundbreaking treatment, and I'm fairly sure he's the first ever.

Took Koscielny 10 months

Hopefully it isn’t a severe rupture. That's a year out regardless though. I was very impressed with guy, I thought he would be a great signing. Now he has to fight hard just to be the same player his was. It's going to be winter 2024 till he is back to his best. Devastating!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Nah, nobody has ever recovered from a ruptured achilles in 5 months.

An NFL player did last season through pretty groundbreaking treatment, and I'm fairly sure he's the first ever.

Took Koscielny 10 months

Curtis Davies did his achilles at Arsenal in March 2008. He started the first game of the next season and indeed played a couple of pre season friendlies so that was as quick a recovery as you can get.

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

And Carlos is mid 40s so no chance

Yeah was going to say, we are talking about one of Gerrards frankly ancient signings here. We have to stop signing players in their early 60's...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YLN said:

Benteke did his achilles in April and was back starting games in October. 6 months then

Yeah under the Lerner/Lambert comedy club. I guarantee he was rushed back or was approved by some dodgy unlicensed doctor

23 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

These things are really important for his overall recovery and getting back into our team. I wonder will be be off home to recover or will he stay in Brum. It would not be fun if he was stuck in a hotel room. 

Would be a good opportunity to concentrate on learning English to be fair.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Probably see him back in February roughly

I often wonder if recovering mentally, from something like this is just as important.

I imagine it must be difficult to play " without fear " for a long time!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I often wonder if recovering mentally, from something like this is just as important.

I imagine it must be difficult to play " without fear " for a long time!

Was also thinking this. 

Different injury, but look at how badly Leon Bailey was affected.

so reading about a ruptured Achilles tendon, seems like 9 months out, so basically his season is done, even if he is back in 6-9 months, will take a while to get back to match fitness.

I also found it interesting that apparently 1 in 3 of the people who recover from this type of injury, will not be able to play sport to the same level they did before, lets hope is is the 2/3 who can.

Edited by MaVilla

Â