Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Obviously nobody could have foreseen this but if he’s out until next season we’ve basically spent £25m bringing in a player who will be 6 months away from 31, recovering from a potentially career changing injury.

Gutted for him as it’s the World Cup soon as well.

So pissed off at our shite luck.

Chambers can step up imo, he has done well and probably has deserved to start a few games when he has been on the bench. It is a blow but its football and the way it goes, hopefully he will be like the konsa injury and come back quicker than expected.

At least we have the W/C break, that gives him about 8 weeks recovery time without missing any games. Hopefully he can return in the new year and it is not the full season. Any the window is still open too which gives us opportunity to bring someone in

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

I guess it’s just not so easy as saying let’s sign a replacement?  Massive financial outlay already used on Carlos and he’s taken a registered squad place.  Gutting.

Can’t you change the registered squad right up until the close of the transfer window?

• Like 1

Just now, El-Reacho said:

Just wondering which other new villa signings this has happened to? I can think of Wes, Okore, Nilis, Kozak. Feels like there’s more though. It must be well above average for a club’s new signings though.

The worst injury to a new player imo was Luc Nilis. He was such a good signing to make and then the injury against Ipswich

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

People talking like it's been confirmed.  We still have no idea what the injury is or how long he'll be out for.

This didn't age well :(.

I just cannot believe we get this unlucky with injuries. Are we a significant outlier with first choice players getting season/career ending injuries? Certainly feels like we are. Training methods? Pitch? Bad luck?

I know nothing about scales of ruptured achilles, if there even is one, but hopefully the man is a freak of healing nature and gets back to his best, fully fit and in less time than the average.

Thoughts with you Diego. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I guess it’s just not so easy as saying let’s sign a replacement?  Massive financial outlay already used on Carlos and he’s taken a registered squad place.  Gutting.

We absolutely must sign a replacement and then review our CBs next summer. We need to sign someone we want here long term and then treat Carlos as a signing made next summer. 

This bad luck constantly befalls us with injuries to key players. Hope he comes back as good as ever next season

Â