Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We absolutely must sign a replacement and then review our CBs next summer. We need to sign someone we want here long term and then treat Carlos as a signing made next summer. 

This bad luck constantly befalls us with injuries to key players. Hope he comes back as good as ever next season

Nathan Collins would have been a good signing 🤦🏿‍♂️.

I'm sure for the love of Paul McGrath podcast said we made contact and had talks but couldn't guarantee him playing time so he chose elsewhere.

Ffs

• Like 1

Yeah we essentially need to write off this signing and review how he is next summer when he recovers. New CB in now is such a difficult job for the recruitment department and it's as key to our season as it was back when we signed Carlos

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Good age. Prime of his career. Ready made. Never injured. 

Naturally he blows his achilles the first home game.

Was just thinking the same thing. Wasn’t there a stat that he’d missed 9 games in 6 season with injuries! Naturally he gets a 6 month injury with Villa within a week. 

That’s his World Cup gone too I assume! 

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Was just thinking the same thing. Wasn’t there a stat that he’d missed 9 games in 6 season with injuries! Naturally he gets a 6 month injury with Villa within a week. 

That’s his World Cup gone too I assume! 

It's longer than 6 months. He's out for the season 

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's longer than 6 months. He's out for the season 

I don't believe that has been confirmed. A ruptured achilles should take about 6 months to recover from and with the WC this year that helps us. Obviously different players will return to competitive sport at different rates but it is too early to rule out his return in Feb/March. We may get the last quarter of a season with him. But from a planning perspective the club will need to assume he won't be available until next season

Â