Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Just terrible news, he looked like a quality player, feel sorry for him as good form probably would have got him a call up for Brazil at the World Cup.

I hope he recovers and back on the pitch asap.

• Like 1

Carlos, Bailey, Konsa, Sanson, Trezeguet, Nakamba, Traore, Grealish, McGinn, Wesley, Heaton…

We have had such ridiculously rotten luck with long-term injuries since promotion (not forgetting the fair number of times it's happened before promotion, particularly to similarly promising signings).

Wish him all the best.

1 minute ago, His Name Is Death said:

Carlos, Bailey, Konsa, Sanson, Trezeguet, Nakamba, Traore, Grealish, McGinn, Wesley, Heaton…

We have had such ridiculously rotten luck with long-term injuries since promotion (not forgetting the fair number of times it's happened before promotion, particularly to similarly promising signings).

Wish him all the best.

Not forgetting Steer as well.  It’s outrageous when you look at that list. 

From the 'Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine'

Soccer players who suffered an ATR had a 78% RTP rate, with a mean RTP time of 5 months. Injured players played less and demonstrated inferior performance during the season of injury. With the exception of midfielders, players displayed no significant differences in play time or performance during any of the 4 postinjury seasons.

ATR: Accilles Tendon Rupture

RTP: Return To Play

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/23259671211024199

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Well thats that. See you this time next season Diego 😢

luckily the window is still open and we can still try to bring another one in. Shame Brighton wont sell or would want £50m but id have Webster.

I like Webster, I wanted us to sign him from Bristol when we were linked

@His Name Is Death it’s part and parcel unfortunately.  Most clubs get injuries to key players, some have the squad depth to carry it off while others don’t.  I remember Leicester having it last year with Wesley Fofana, big money signing and arguably their player of the year in his debut season and he gets done by a bad tackle in a pre season friendly a week before the Premier League was due to start.  Missed 30 games.  

It sucks that Carlos is out, but at least it’s in a position we have reasonably good cover. 

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Not forgetting Steer as well.  It’s outrageous when you look at that list. 

Makes you think it's more than a coincidence, though it probably is. All the same, I sometimes wonder if our physios fully understand the fitness levels of our new signings or if we push them too far too early on.

Does this happen to us an abnormal amount compared with everyone else?

• Like 1

Just now, AV82 said:

A real world example in Spinazolla took 11 months to recover. Tough luck. 

He didn't take 11 months. He was out injured for just 278 days which is just about 9 months, depending upon how many days in the month. That that is one single example. My comment uses the word 'mean' in the timings and is actually backed up with verified data 😀

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

@His Name Is Death it’s part and parcel unfortunately.  Most clubs get injuries to key players, some have the squad depth to carry it off while others don’t.  I remember Leicester having it last year with Wesley Fofana, big money signing and arguably their player of the year in his debut season and he gets done by a bad tackle in a pre season friendly a week before the Premier League was due to start.  Missed 30 games.  

It sucks that Carlos is out, but at least it’s in a position we have reasonably good cover. 

You're right, I know Chelsea have had some rotten luck with a few of their signings (Pulisic, Ziyech, Chilwell) but have the squad depth to cope, and Leicester is a good example.

It's probably my Villa bias, but it does seem to happen to us an absurd amount, especially to players who look like they're going to take us to the next level, such as Laursen, the best CB we've had in my lifetime but was an utter crock (and we signed him knowing he was one too lol). Then there was Nilis, of course.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Laursen esque this.

Hopefully he can return at some point this season but achilles injuries are usually 6-9 months.

Curtis Davies was never the same at top level after the one he picked up at Arsenal.

The worry is that he loses some pace when he does return and just may not be the same player. There must also be a big psychological challenge with returning from this type of injury as it surely prays on the mind that it may happen again

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He didn't take 11 months. He was out injured for just 278 days which is just about 9 months, depending upon how many days in the month. That that is one single example. My comment uses the word 'mean' in the timings and is actually backed up with verified data 😀

He got injured 2nd July 2021 and returned on May 14th to start again

1 minute ago, His Name Is Death said:

Yes, I know Chelsea have had some rotten luck with a few of their signings (Pulisic, Ziyech, Chilwell) and have the squad depth to cope, and Leicester is a pretty good example too.

It's probably my Villa bias, but it does seem to happen to us an absurd amount, especially to players who look like they're going to take us to the next level. Laursen, the best CB we've had in my lifetime, was an utter crock (and we signed him knowing he was one too lol).

Everton are having a really rough time with injuries too and the season Virgil was injured, Liverpool had a very difficult time with injuries. I think all club's fans think their club is unlucky

" Not so hard now are you? Look me in the eyes you little b*tch.... This is MY VILLA! " 🤣

FB_IMG_1660557837709.jpg

Jokes - just find it ironic that King Tyrone is the one comforting him after all the " turmoil "

* Trying to make light of a terrible situation 🤦🏿‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He got injured 2nd July 2021 and returned on May 14th to start again

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leonardo-spinazzola/verletzungen/spieler/118689

278 days according to transfer market

Edit: He was on the bench against Leicester in the semi final of Conference League on April 28th. 

Edited by Peter Griffin

Â