Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

I've been actually working for once and just heard this from a bluenose.. devastating. We need to buy another ASAP.

Can Chelsea recall Colwill from Brighton and send him our way? 

Who else is there? We have to go young now as we'll have Carlos & Mings over 30 by time he's back, Chambers will be halfway to 29 (not saying he's old, don't jump at me) we'll need to go and grab somebody 24-26 who can bridge the gap now.

Also can't entertain selling Mings (good!) now either. But we need to do something as we have the same defence as last season now, with the added benefit of having told the best of those he's shit all summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gutted for him, and it is definitely a loss, but I don’t think CB is a major problem for us with Mings, Konsa and Chambers all good enough to start. We might want to bring in some loan cover as I can’t see any of our midfielders or full backs slotting in at CB.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Gutted for him, and it is definitely a loss, but I don’t think CB is a major problem for us with Mings, Konsa and Chambers all good enough to start. We might want to bring in some loan cover as I can’t see any of our midfielders or full backs slotting in at CB.

Clearly Gerrard and the club did which is why Carlos was our biggest signing of the summer. I personally think it's a hammer blow for us as it will significantly undermine the progress in playing out from the back. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Plenty of players across multiple sports have been retired by an achilles rupture regardless of age. 

Of course, so the issue is the severity of the injury, not the fact that he's 29 as opposed to 24.

22 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Clearly Gerrard and the club did which is why Carlos was our biggest signing of the summer. I personally think it's a hammer blow for us as it will significantly undermine the progress in playing out from the back. 

Chambers is brilliant at playing out from the back. I obviously would much prefer to have Carlos starting regularly, but I think we’ll cope. Our back 5 is the least of our worries. It’s the midfield and attack that look underpowered.

From a personal perspective for him as well, it's awful.

Big move to the PL, looking to prove himself and probably try to get his first call up in a World Cup squad.

He is also at the age where he might not necessarily get another chance for Brazil as well smh.

Â