Luis Suarez

maqroll

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Lol nah just La Liga level 😂

Playing in and being at the required level of are two different things. Ali Dia played in the premier league, was he a PL level striker? 

Edited by Ingram85

3 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Smacks of a Pires signing to me.

We all get excited because he was a glorious player in his prime and we all assume he's still got it.

Then he turns up and he's absolutely useless and we wonder if we'd have  been better spending the money on something better than the managers mate.

Agree with first line. Baffled by second - nobody thinks this. Third line is redundant - hindsight not required.

I don't want him in a Villa shirt, but if Gerrard and the owners want him and think he will do a job for us then fair enough. We are in a hurry to get where we need to be, and if this signing helps then fair enough.

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The sight of Luis Suarez coming off the bench to get us a winner will give me goosebumps. Also the draw and pull we will have with players like this at the Club. Will be brilliant for clubs profile

A couple of years ago definitely, but I'm not sure the profile is raised by signing someone in decline. A bit like Newcastle signing Dzeko or Alexis Sanchez.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

A couple of years ago definitely, but I'm not sure the profile is raised by signing someone in decline. A bit like Newcastle signing Dzeko or Alexis Sanchez.

Benezema isn't even a year younger than him. Decline from a high level doesn't mean you can't contribute. Look at Ibra when he joined United, or Ronaldo

2 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

I don't want him in a Villa shirt, but if Gerrard and the owners want him and think he will do a job for us then fair enough. We are in a hurry to get where we need to be, and if this signing helps then fair enough.

This is where I’m at.   We seem to be going all out to qualify for Europe next season, and of Suarez is the player we need to make that happen, then let’s do it.

Yeah I don’t like him… I don’t really think he would improve us, but I do trust our recruitment and if they think it’s worth getting him in then fair enough. I think he’s a filthy racist but what do I know?

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He moves like a mobility scooter on a soft beach. 

It's a no from me.

Now imagine that mobility scooter quietly abusing someone racially and then biting an Italian defender’s shoulder. 

it’s still a no, but at least it killed some time.

Just now, duke313 said:

Matches our new transfer policy, signing as many South Americans as possible.

Then the complaints when they all go across the world on international duty 😂

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Matches our new transfer policy, signing as many South Americans as possible.

If Luiz stayed (unlikely I know) we could potentially have 6 South Americans on the pitch. Martinez, Buendia, Carlos, Luiz, Coutinho, Suarez. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think he’s a filthy racist

No no, you've just misunderstood the Uruguayan culture. It was term of endearment... and so on.

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

No no, you've just misunderstood the Uruguayan culture. It was term of endearment... and so on.

Roy Keane was pissed off he was so complimentary to an opponent in such a big derby

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Roy Keane was pissed off he was so complimentary to an opponent in such a big derby

I doubt that he ever tried calling Vieira the same.

Â