Rennes a July 30th 18:00 CET

Just now, sidcow said:

So in summary we are absolute dogshit, in fact probably worse. Rennes are absolutely amazing and we all wish we were more like them.

And we won on their ground. 

I wish them all the best in The Europa League this season. 

Nah that was only the case until Carlos scored, now we’re nailed on for a top four finish. 

• Like 1

Thought we played well. Still feels like we have a bit of a midfield problem, but that might just be more of a system problem. We seem to lack any midfielders running behind and it's all a bit static. If Coutinho drops deep to pick the ball up, one of the other midfielders needs to make a run behind for him to try and pick out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Summary:

Unbeaten pre-season against reasonable opposition.

Coutihno, Watkins, McGinn all look questionable to start the season, but likely will.

Carlos improves us greatly, Bailey is a real asset, the kids are fantastic and will push for starts this season, Sanson deserves to stay and will (should) figure this season.

Special mention for Iroegbunam and Feeney today, they look class.

I am worried about another slow start, although Rennes are better than Bournemouth.

It's a week before the season starts - no injuries is the most important thing.  Lacking intensity in this game would be absolutely expected (from both sides).

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

To be honest, I thought McGinn was the weak link in our midfield last season.

I’m really staggered by that mate . McGinn in my opinion dose a great job in the villa midfield, totally seems to go under the radar his work rate and hassle he provides. I’m glad SG our manager and a good midfielder in his time makes the calls . 

Â