Rennes a July 30th 18:00 CET

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

So? We already have 5 CB's at the club. We signed him to play as a 6. That was the hole in our team. Instead of trying different systems and combinations with him in his primary position we've stuck him at the back in our final warmup game.

One is injured the other 2 aren't in France after playing yesterday. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

One is injured the other 2 aren't in France after playing yesterday. 

This is our final warmup game before Bournemouth and our key players aren't even involved. Smart.

Just now, thunderball said:

Hahah, the summary of the comments and observations makes very grim reading: we are shit, Gerrard to be sacked before Christmas, we will be relegated.

Well, the first point is fair, the second is a rather fringe view, and I don't think anyone has said the third.

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

prob not a popular opinion, but Konsa, Cash, McGinn and Watkins cant play a possession style, they have their strengths, but composure and intricate passing ability arent two of them.

Bang on, all players acquired from or when we were in the championship. Cash, Mcginn, Watkins are just workhorses 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AV82 said:

This is our final warmup game before Bournemouth and our key players aren't even involved. Smart.

They played yesterday. What's the issue. 

I agree they should be in our starting lineup but it's better to get them 70-80 minutes vs a prem team than 15 minutes vs a ligue 1 team. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the links everyone but I’ve had to stop watching as I’m falling asleep! 

It’s not really what I’d call entertainment. 

I just hope we’re ready to go next week, because on this showing we look far from it. 

Â