Ratings & Reactions: Man City v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/22 at 23:00

Just now, CVByrne said:

Like we are **** joke of a football club. 

Do yourself a favour and walk away, get some fresh air, and post with a calmer head in the morning.

• Like 1

I’m really upset with the defeat but I’d rather not take it out on anyone currently, although I have many criticisms.

Loads of credit for everyone at Villa for getting 2 up.

Also, I was furious that I didn’t really see the Coutinho goal on sky because 3/4 of the screen was taken by Spurs scoring their 12th goal against relegated in November Norwich. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

Like we are **** joke of a football club. 

There is a reason why Man City have won 4 out of the last 5 titles. They are a very very good team. We are not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Do yourself a favour and walk away, get some fresh air, and post with a calmer head in the morning.

Nah, I've been level headed for too long. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade

21 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Thing is if we’d got beat 3-0 we’d also have “done a Villa”, just a different kind of Villa.

That’s what I’m saying. If we had lost 3-0, that’s a Villa thing to do. Behaving like we are supposed to. Or, we could go 2-0 up and then still lose. Just like we did against wolves. Again, that’s a Villa. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

So you think he made a good decision bringing on Nakamba & Young and sacrificing our attacking threat leading to us sitting back and conceeding 3 goals in under 10 minutes?

It wasn’t an unreasonable  decision to bring on a defensive midfielder and take off a  tiring attacking one. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. The quality of the DM was most likely the problem, which hopefully we’re about to fix. 

I don’t disagree that taking away our attacking threat was a negative. But if he hadn’t you’d have screamed why didn’t he make a change? Dammed if he did and dammed if he didn’t. Like I said easy to see in hindsight. 

If you’re looking for a stick to bash the manager or even it now seems the owners then you’ll always find one. If that makes you happy, carry on it’s a free world. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm actually looking forward to next season.

You can see real green shoots of what he is trying to do. We just don't have the quality of player throughout the team to do it effectively. Too weak in the spine of the team.

New RCB, 2x CM and a CF and lets see how we look. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

That’s what I’m saying. If we had lost 3-0, that’s a Villa thing to do. Behaving like we are supposed to. Or, we could go 2-0 up and then still lose. Just like we did against wolves. Again, that’s a Villa. 

If we’d lost 3-0 it was kind of expected but Villa don’t do that, they want to give you hope then gut punch you…2-0 up after 75 minutes…then wham bam lose 3-2.  Why didn’t they just lose like we all expected because I didn’t care about this game but no no they want us to suffer! Peeves me off more!

Bringing on Nakamba to preserve a lead is never a good idea, but I won't go into that.

However, why did Gerrard take off Coutinho, who was a threat on the counter, instead of Buendia, who didn't do anything?

Well in the end it all turned out as I didn't want. Villa lose, City (and bloody Grealish) win the league, Leeds survive. Oh well, glad that season's over. 

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It wasn’t an unreasonable  decision to bring on a defensive midfielder and take off a  tiring attacking one. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. The quality of the DM was most likely the problem, which hopefully we’re about to fix. 

I don’t disagree that taking away our attacking threat was a negative. But if he hadn’t you’d have screamed why didn’t he make a change? Dammed if he did and dammed if he didn’t. Like I said easy to see in hindsight. 

If you’re looking for a stick to bash the manager or even it now seems the owners then you’ll always find one. If that makes you happy, carry on it’s a free world. 

Do you or don't you admit that Gerrard got it wrong? Man City only had 1 shot on target before he made the changes then after the changes they had 3 more and scored every one. If that's not poor in game management by Gerrard then I don't know what is. Villa will never achieve anything as long as they keep going down the route of appointing British managers, they are bang average at best!

Edited by pacbuddies

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Bringing on Nakamba to preserve a lead is never a good idea, but I won't go into that.

However, why did Gerrard take off Coutinho, who was a threat on the counter, instead of Buendia, who didn't do anything?

He’s probably been spending too much time on here. 

1 hour ago, Icarium said:

What other word would you use to describe going from 2-0 to 2-3 in the space of 6 minutes?

Outclassed, outspent, unfairly disadvantaged… 

We’re playing a different game to them. They had our best player in years sat on the bench despite paying £100m for him. They can score 3 goals in no time against anyone particularly having brought on £100m worth of talent and with a full week off opposed to our 3 days.

Great 70 minutes from Villa and disappointing to lose but it’s far from an embarrassment and many teams wouldn’t have run them that close to start with. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Should have kept Coutinho on he had just scored and frankly was the only player who looked like scoring for us unless of course he got a little knock or something.

I think he should have taken off Ramsey. He was really not having a good match and he started to get tired. 

• Like 1

Â