Ratings & Reactions: Man City v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/22 at 23:00

44 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Again, as I said in the other thread, it would have been far far better to lose 5 or 6 nil. This is the absolute worst possible outcome. Now, our collapse/their comeback is going to pass into Premier League folklore and you're going to see it time after time after time, each time with men in suits talking about how incredible it is and how wonderful Manchester **** City are as if they didn't have one of the worst countries in the world bankrolling their blood money exploits. 

Whatever happened today I was going to be miserable, but we have found the maximally miserable outcome. It could not be worse. **** me. 

If you would PREFER us to lose 5 or 6 nil, you need to go get another hobby, you've got your priorities all wrong. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I can't remember being this gutted. The fact we'll all have to watch this forever on repeat is the worst part about it. 

Complete. Utter. Implosion. Aston Villa

It was always on the cards after the first goal.....we are so sleepy/vulnerable on the back post.....and midfielders failing to close down.

Their mood change is so laughable, going from pooing themselves to ecstatic.

I guess the usual hype about Peps Genius will be rolled out......when in reality, it was Villa's back post blues, on show, once again.

• Like 1

City struggled with us having threats on the pitch, when we brought Young and Nakamba on it changed the game and allowed them to push on knowing we had no attacking intent. Shit decision played out in front of the football world , embarrassing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

City struggled with us having threats on the pitch, when we brought Young and Nakamba on it changed the game and allowed them to push on knowing we had no attacking intent. Shit decision played out in front of the football world , embarrassing. 

All on Gerrard!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

The owners are rich but clueless!

The best this club has been run in my lifetime. Clueless eh? Instant success just doesn’t exist. It’s a modern world I suppose. I want it all and I want it now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was always on the cards after the first goal.....we are so sleepy/vulnerable on the back post.....and midfielders failing to close down.

Their mood change is so laughable, going from pooing themselves to ecstatic.

I guess the usual hype about Peps Genius will be rolled out......when in reality, it was Villa's back post blues, on show, once again.

The fact we all knew deep down we'd lose because we're Aston Villa was the worst part about it. The fact it was inevitable. We are in the dictionary beside the word Failure

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

Back post, Back Post, Back Post.....once again, when will we ever learn.

However, spirited performance, under the circumstances.

I think the game will be useful, for us to see where we need to strengthen.

I also agree with Roy Keane, when he says " There is a softness about this Villa team".

We seem to last for 70 minutes, and then run out of steam.

Backed up by the half time league table where I believe we're 5th.

We need to get stronger, fitter, smarter, more dominant players and recruit better.

Huge summer for the club.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The best this club has been run in my lifetime. Clueless eh? Instant success just doesn’t exist. It’s a modern world I suppose. I want it all and I want it now!

Name the better owners in the last 50 years. 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yawn 🥱 

So you think he made a good decision bringing on Nakamba & Young and sacrificing our attacking threat leading to us sitting back and conceeding 3 goals in under 10 minutes?

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Gerrard can't do anything to change the fact we're Aston Villa. Professional failure. Professional cowards. Professional losers. 

Gutless. ****. Losers

Harsh! But so true.

Â