Ratings & Reactions: Man City v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/22 at 23:00

12 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Bringing on Nakamba to preserve a lead is never a good idea, but I won't go into that.

However, why did Gerrard take off Coutinho, who was a threat on the counter, instead of Buendia, who didn't do anything?

Buendia can see out 90 mins, and Coutinho can't. 

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I do, like you, see it in hindsight. 

That's the problem with Gerrard, he only sees things in hindsight. Decent managers can see ahead and change things accordingly.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think the best way we can be described as a football club is embarrassing. We're an embarrassment to football. 

Have you been drinking mate?

I really hope you've been drinking heavily. 

• Like 4

Would have been nice to end with a win, but not really overly bothered by the result, was a average midtable team with nothing to play for against one of the best teams in the world playing their biggest game of the season. If we'd have won or got a result it wouldn't have been about us anyway, would be all about how Gerrard had helped Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think the best way we can be described as a football club is embarrassing. We're an embarrassment to football. 

Honestly, you’re really over reacting now. We got worn down by Man City, one of the best teams in the world and only after they made 3 subs. They’ve hammered loads of teams this season yet we’ve made them sweat home and away. I’m as gutted as anyone as we were so close but we are not an embarrassment to football.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Just written a load of expletives then , but not going to get banned because of a wind up merchant writing things like that.  Hopefully 9 weeks off will give a chance for reflection on that post. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You're having a complete mare.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think you might need an intervention.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Taking Coutinho off for Nakamba lost us that match. I hate Pep but he's a much wilier bastard than Gerrard and changed the game with his subs. 

That and the substitutions City could make were definitely a big factor in us losing the game.

We'll be stronger next season so we just have to take it on the chin (insert KW gif)

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So Olsen gets assaulted by a Man City fan as their fans invade the pitch, also doing this…

I’m not seeing the ‘dark ages’ commentary or any condemnation from the bbc or sky. 

Funny that.

6B4ED58B-BAD9-492B-9EC3-D1B6F8501EDE.jpeg

Until they start giving out real fines and point deductions this will continue. That’s  Villa, Palace and Sheffield United players/ manager that have been assaulted in the last week! 

6 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Taking Coutinho off for Nakamba lost us that match. I hate Pep but he's a much wilier bastard than Gerrard and changed the game with his subs. 

I can think of a few hundred million other reasons that Pep could make more effective substitutions

• Like 3

I chose not to watch the game so I’ll not comment on it, but the result and order of events was the most Villa thing of all things Villa. 

Â