vs Man Utd in Perth (July 23rd)

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Top 10 your having a laugh.

Season starts in 2 weeks.

Gerrard better stop with these tactics otherwise he's gone.

In his head he is probably thinking the tactics will work with just one more player. Sign a new player and they still don't work, then he says the same again. Repeat. 

How we played against Brisbane was awful. This was exactly the same, but against better opponents…  what was our squad doing on the training pitch? Have they worked on anything? We are playing the exact same football as we were last season… we still can’t pass, we still inviting teams to attack our open defences and if we win the ball we counter with slow play or give the ball away with a shocking pass… we play with 2 up top, neither of them see much of the ball and if they do, they are swamped by defenders, because how we play is so signposted it’s on google maps. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wasn't great - the back four and keeper don't look too bad - but there's no protection for them from runners, which is exactly the way United play - Kamara can't track three.

I already feel sorry for Kamara because he's not going to be able to fix the issues we had last season. No player can, it's a flawed system that will always leave massive holes to exploit if the opponents are up for making some runs.

It's Kamara against 3 just like it was Luiz or whoever against 3 last season.

Having a front duo of Ings and Watkins with the same chemistry as Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie had in The Tourist also doesn't help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

Forwards are the difference for me. Sancho and Rashford have pace and are willing to run behind - Watkins and Ings don’t and aren’t

Archer, Luiz and Buendia for Watkins, Ings and mcginn at half-time

Easy to overreact to this but early days - I’m still confident we’ll be ok next season 

Agreed

I still see many of last seasons poor traits.....surrender possession so, so easily....struggle to find each other.....slow to react, slow to the ball.

Not worrying Man U in the slightest......The goals conceded are just down to poor organisation....so,so sloppy.

very disappointing, first half.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I find it amazing that people want us to be playing intricate passing on this absolute pudding of a pitch. 

Can't believe we didn't peform in a pre-season match where on a pitch that would embarass Sundy League teams.

Gerrard Out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we all suddenly take pre season so seriously, indications so far are that Man U are probably going to win the League.

Not really, they just looked better than us! 

We look like a mid-table team, they are probably a 5-6th place team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I find it amazing that people want us to be playing intricate passing on this absolute pudding of a pitch. 

I'd honestly settle for stringing 3 passes together. They can stand a foot apart from each other if they want, I'll take it. I'd also take "not looking like we've got gaping holes everywhere" for 45 minutes.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we all suddenly take pre season so seriously, indications so far are that Man U are probably going to win the League.

To be honest, they have looked good. Without the ball they are league’s ahead of us. I think they will finish top 4 this season now that they have a decent manager 

Just now, sne said:

I already feel sorry for Kamara because he's not going to be able to fix the issues we had last season. No player can, it's a flawed system that will always leave massive holes to exploit if the opponents are up for making some runs.

It's Kamara against 3 just like it was Luiz or whoever against 3 last season.

Having a front duo of Ings and Watkins with the same chemistry as Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie had in The Tourist also doesn't help.

From even in the last few friendlies I thought to myself " you can already see that Kamara is going to need help ".

He does some outstanding things, only for another midfielder to toss it all up.

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

agreed! Mcginn will never be dropped

That’s the annoying thing, he should be on the bench or better still sold 🙂

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They’re managing to carve us open at will, they’re playing on the same pitch…

• Like 1

Â