Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

Ok here we go again, I am trying to contact the ticket office to move my seat and, as was the case last season, it is totally impossible to even get in the queue on the phone. You are not able to do this in person either at the ground! So how on Earth is one supposed to move seat in such a small window of time if you cannot contact the club to move it? 

Does my head in. Surely some extra staff during these windows would be possible? Or at least a decent phone system which doesn't kick you out or even let you into the queue?

It just says "we are very busy and cannot take your call at the moment but please call back later!!" 

So infuriating and poor that this happens every year!

Surely there cannot be that many people trying to move seats as there are only 30k season ticket holders anyway?! Most will stay where they are regardless.

I think last season there was a twitter page or something but I cannot see it this year.

13 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Ok here we go again, I am trying to contact the ticket office to move my seat and, as was the case last season, it is totally impossible to even get in the queue on the phone. You are not able to do this in person either at the ground! So how on Earth is one supposed to move seat in such a small window of time if you cannot contact the club to move it? 

Does my head in. Surely some extra staff during these windows would be possible? Or at least a decent phone system which doesn't kick you out or even let you into the queue?

It just says "we are very busy and cannot take your call at the moment but please call back later!!" 

Surely there cannot be that many people trying to move seats as there are only 30k season ticket holders anyway?! Most will stay where they are regardless.

I think last season there was a twitter page or something but I cannot see it this year.

I think that more people will be looking to move this year due to the big changes in costs, banding structure of the different stands etc.

I did mine over the phone last week as thought it would be a nightmare this week. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Its a feature of this modern life....they call it progress.

A company can reach you when they want something......but you can't reach them when you want something.

sounds like a bit of wizadry of customer service.:bang:

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

For such a big organisation to not even have a queueing system is just ridiculous, tbh, they're trying to flog you something for the thick end of a grand, and have customer service like the average GP's surgery.

They take the piss, knowing that they can get away with it because what are you going to do, support a different team?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I think there is a pattern emerging here and as a consequence.....your numbers been blocked for continual nuisance calls. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

‘AVFC Support’ Twitter handle and they have a link what seats are available

• Thanks 1

Hilarious! I just had this reply from the Twitter "Support" team on AVFC Support....

""Morning, all our staff are currently busy taking incoming calls, unfortunately we are unable to offer a call-back. The relocation window will be open for the next few days. Please keep trying to get through and a member of staff will help you as soon as they can.""

Joke of the day then followed...

I rang & rang & after being booted off the phone system saying "We are very busy, please call back later" I finally got through and put in the "Queue". After holding 10- 15 mins It connected......................To an answer phone saying they are closed between 1pm & 2pm for lunch and the lines are closed.... Please call back later!!

Proper joke this.

How on Earth is someone at work, who in the norm is not allowed to make, or only allowed to make brief personal calls at the bequest of a manager, supposed to get through exactly?! Then you finish work & they are closed or call on your lunch & they are closed! What a farce!

But it's ok I can do the same for 3 days don't you know!

🤬

Edited by danceoftheshamen

59 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Hilarious! I just had this reply from the Twitter "Support" team on AVFC Support....

""Morning, all our staff are currently busy taking incoming calls, unfortunately we are unable to offer a call-back. The relocation window will be open for the next few days. Please keep trying to get through and a member of staff will help you as soon as they can.""

Joke of the day then followed...

I rang & rang & after being booted off the phone system saying "We are very busy, please call back later" I finally got through and put in the "Queue". After holding 10- 15 mins It connected......................To an answer phone saying they are closed between 1pm & 2pm for lunch and the lines are closed.... Please call back later!!

Proper joke this.

How on Earth is someone at work, who in the norm is not allowed to make, or only allowed to make brief personal calls at the bequest of a manager, supposed to get through exactly?! Then you finish work & they are closed or call on your lunch & they are closed! What a farce!

But it's ok I can do the same for 3 days don't you know!

🤬

Truly pathetic service. If I was attempting to do the same, I'd be livid and borderline tempted to cancel any future interactions I had with the company in question. 

Hope that if/ when you get through your desired space is available. 

• Like 2

To my fellow re-locators!

success! It can be done!
You just need luck and perseverance! 

Keep the faith! There are now three good seats near the back of K6 available!

UTV

Edited by Lochheads twin
  • Like 1

So, Finally I have managed to get sorted! Moved from L5 to K4 Upper Holte! 

Took just under 1 hour from being on hold to finishing the call. A few pointers for you all....

The options.

STAGE 1

When I finally got through at exactly 2pm (After their lunch break between 1pm & 2pm) to what i'll call "Stage 1" of being on hold, there were rather unclear recorded message options with none actually stating "To relocate your seat". This was a little confusing/concerning as I did not want to click the wrong option which then took me to a robot and possibly ended the call after giving some useless pre-recorded info (Which is often the case I have found with this type of phone system). So having taken a risk on the "To enquire about match tickets or season tickets" option, I was put into Queue no.1.

After listening to the recorded "hold" music for around 40 minutes the phone started ringing! .......Only to another pre-recorded message with more options. Again no mention of seat relocations so I took a punt on the "To book match tickets" option. 

STAGE 2

So once again I was on hold listening to music. This time around 15 minutes passed with an intermittent (All our agents are busy / You can go online / your call will be answered by the next available agent) message. 

Then Finally after around 55 minutes I was put through and got my seats relocated!

Couple of points

1. When I asked why it was so hard to get through & that the whole process was really frustrating etc I was told what was clearly a pre scripted line of "we are very busy & are open for 3 days" with no apology or willingness to pass on my point to whoever. He did say that ""they could not do online relocating as it's very complicated and too many people get in a mess when doing it"". It was also stated that there were only a few agents which begs the question "WHY NOT GET MORE AGENTS FOR THESE MOMENTS?!

I am sorted now thankfully after effectively writing off a day. Luckily I work from home but how on Earth people at work would cope i'll never know! It really is a shoddy way of doing it.

If has been stated above by some they will relocate you prior to this 3 day nonsense then why have the 3 day thing at all? Why not just do it generally to stop the huge snare-up?

• Like 3

Absolute clown show at the ticket office and the Villa store. It needs addressing at the AGM - complete clowns working the phones and the experience is miserable. It’s cliche to say but without us they wouldn’t have jobs yet they talk to us like morons. Needs to be sorted!

Well anyone in the cheap seats last season that has had to pay 50% more is going to move to the new zone 4 to a much better seat for the increased price.

That's a lot of family tickets.

55 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Absolute clown show at the ticket office and the Villa store. It needs addressing at the AGM - complete clowns working the phones and the experience is miserable. It’s cliche to say but without us they wouldn’t have jobs yet they talk to us like morons. Needs to be sorted!

Hi Mark

they do need to improve in this area.  Given where we are with Covid, it’s hard to argue against opening the ticket office given that the staff would be behind a screen, this would be in addition to offering a telephone option for people who can’t get to the ground.

To be fair, I have to say that the lady who dealt with my request was very courteous, professional and efficient, so credit where it’s due.

47 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Couldn't back in the day you go along to the relocation day.  Sit in a seat and choose that one. Now you can't even have a pitch view of the seat online. Spending near a grand btw.

Utterly pathetic.

I really cant believe that the club dont offer a view from the block you're choosing. Surely that wouldnt be difficulty, just a photo out from centrally in that block.