Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

My mate is a West Ham season ticket holder (he pays over £1,000 a season for it )

he said those cheap £299 ones are right up in the gods with a really shit view , presumably they face the pitch :) 

• Haha 2

I tried to enquire about the waiting list last week and was told people at the top of the waiting list to qualify have all been contacted.

Wonder how they are managing that? 

So say 1,500 didn't renew...is it just the top 1,500 get contracted and after a certain date...the next 250 who didn't renew from them get contacted?

Edited by Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I tried to enquire about the waiting list last week and was told people at the top of the waiting list to qualify have all been contacted.

So say 1,500 didn't renew...is it just the top 1,500 get contracted and after a certain date...the next 250 who didn't renew from them get contacted?

I guess so. Be interesting what they’ll do if they haven’t manage to sell them all by the start of the season.  More tickets available on match days?

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I guess so. Be interesting what they’ll do if they haven’t manage to sell them all by the start of the season.  More tickets available on match days?

They'll have to start making their way down the list before the start you'd think yeah.

Not a huge amount of info available on it.

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That is how it worked last year but in blocks of 500. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

~3,000 available and over 20,000 on the waiting list, even if 80% on the waiting say no they’ll still be snapped up before the season has started with the rest of the waiting list.  At best you’re going to get only a handful not taken if that, I’d be surprised if any are left.

• Like 1

They're releasing them on a timed basis. I presume most people that don't want to take one up will simply not respond.

They've given the first tranche a 4 day window, which ends tomorrow.

After that, any not sold will be opened up to the next batch of the waiting list.  Whether that's 20 tickets or 2900 I guess we'll never know. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

My mate is a West Ham season ticket holder (he pays over £1,000 a season for it ) ..he said those cheap £299 ones are right up in the gods with a really shit view , presumably they face the pitch :) 

The view was bad enough from the away end, and I was at the front of the upper tier, so I dread to think what the view is from the back, could barely see the opposite goal from where I was.

So if i've understood correctly from other people's posting on VT and elsewhere...

Around 2,000 people didn't renew, the lowest non-renewal ever. 

Those at the top of the waiting list snapped up the 2022/23 season tickets and so we are all sold out of season tickets now. 

There are now 26,500 on the waiting list, and the waiting list is closed for other people who would want to join.

2022/23 is the last season with a 42,000 capacity, with a reduced capacity in 2023/24 and 2024/25. 

So the next time anyone on the waiting list has a realistic chance of a season ticket is for the 2025/26 season when we will have a capacity of 50,000+.

Those right at the top of the list might have a small chance if current ticket holders don't renew during those 2 interim years.

Edited by ender4

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So if i've understood correctly from other people's posting on VT and elsewhere...

Those at the top of the waiting list snapped up the 2022/23 season tickets and so we are all sold out of season tickets now. 

There are now 26,500 on the waiting list, and the waiting list is closed for other people who would want to join.

2022/23 is the last season with a 42,000 capacity, with a reduced capacity in 2023/24 and 2024/25. 

So the next time anyone on the waiting list has a realistic chance of a season ticket is for the 2025/26 season when we will have a capacity of 50,000+.

Those right at the top of the list might have a small chance is current ticket holders don't renew during those 2 interim years.

Shit that they’ve put prices up but you can understand why when looking at the demand.

18 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Those right at the top of the list might have a small chance if current ticket holders don't renew during those 2 interim years.

It’s obviously good for the club and good for those with season tickets but a bit depressing for other fans who will struggle to get tickets for a couple of seasons from 23/24 onwards. I  predict loads of smug ‘better fans’ on social media during those times.

13 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s obviously good for the club and good for those with season tickets but a bit depressing for other fans who will struggle to get tickets for a couple of seasons from 23/24 onwards. I  predict loads of smug ‘better fans’ on social media during those times.

I’ve found Its pretty easy to get tickets for members so there’s always that option.

edit: oh you mean when they reduce capacity to 35k?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

11 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

IMO, VT has usually been excellent at not discriminating against those who can't/don't attend Villa Park regularly. I can only imagine that mainstream social media is different, as I don't waste my time with it.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve found Its pretty easy to get tickets for members so there’s always that option.

edit: oh you mean when they reduce capacity to 35k?

Yes then, not this season. It’s going to be a bun fight to get tickets. There will be a lot of unhappy non-season ticket holders who haven’t had too much of a problem getting tickets up to now. 

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yes then, not this season. It’s going to be a bun fight to get tickets. There will be a lot of unhappy non-season ticket holders who haven’t had too much of a problem getting tickets up to now. 

Hopefully this won't be interpreted as a "better fan" comment but this is the reason I kept renewing year after year during the bad times.  Admittedly my circumstances permitted me to do so and I am very fortunate to have been able to do so.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, brommy said:

IMO, VT has usually been excellent at not discriminating against those who can't/don't attend Villa Park regularly. I can only imagine that mainstream social media is different, as I don't waste my time with it.

Yes, here is fine, maybe because I would guess that the average age on VT is older and get that life and finances sometimes take priority. Twitter can be a lot of fun but god there are some unpleasant idiots even amongst our own fanbase.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Maybe they won’t offer new season tickets that season. So if we renew 26k similar to this season they may leave it at that and have the rest available for match day purchases.  

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Yes, here is fine, maybe because I would guess that the average age on VT is older and get that life and finances sometimes take priority. Twitter can be a lot of fun but god there are some unpleasant idiots even amongst our own fanbase.

I find Twitter Toxic. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe they won’t offer new season tickets that season. So if we renew 26k similar to this season they may leave it at that and have the rest available for match day purchases.  

yeah, i think anyone who doesn't renew next summer, they will just leave that seat empty rather than filling with a new season ticket holder from the waiting list.

Didn't we have 30k season ticket holders last year anyway, rather than 26k?  or has it always been 26k?