Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

Anyone who sits in the trinity lower and middle know if you can access right away across the stand? So if I was holte end side of trinity middle, could I meet my mate at half time who is north stand end? I'm thinking mainly in the concourse, is it closed off in the middle for that central hospitality bit?

10 hours ago, turvontour said:

Anyone who sits in the trinity lower and middle know if you can access right away across the stand? So if I was holte end side of trinity middle, could I meet my mate at half time who is north stand end? I'm thinking mainly in the concourse, is it closed off in the middle for that central hospitality bit?

You can walk the full length of the stand.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, turvontour said:

What OBE said. Plus it's the most specious stand at the back to actually have a chat with someone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

And if you like to have a conversation in a concourse which is a like a veal crate, then the North Upper is the place to go.

The Doug Ellis isn’t much better!  Leave at 35 minutes if you want to finish your pint before second half.

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks like the waiting list is opening up according to OS. Guessing the price increase has made some availability 

The price increase was bound to be one reason not to renew, but even without an increase the waiting list would have opened up to new season ticket sales.

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

Good luck those on here who are on the waiting list 🤞

They would have a better chance if the club hadn't made the quick succession of universally accepted player signings during the season ticket renewal window.

Anecdotally - I suspected the significant price increases could have detracted up to 20% from renewing, but the profile and timing of the signings probably limited it to less than 10%. That's less than 3000 from the waiting list of 26k who get 'lucky'. As 'natural wastage' (deaths/long term illness, moving away from area, change in financial circumstances, etc) is probably always around 5%, only a few percentage above that not renewing, immediately replaced by those on top of the waiting list, speaks very well of the club's fan base.

NSWE should really appreciate the vast majority of us have an upper limit - so NO above inflation rises next summer, please! I do appreciate inflation may be 10%+ by then.😟

19 minutes ago, brommy said:

They would have a better chance if the club hadn't made the quick succession of universally accepted player signings during the season ticket renewal window.

Anecdotally - I suspected the significant price increases could have detracted up to 20% from renewing, but the profile and timing of the signings probably limited it to less than 10%. That's less than 3000 from the waiting list of 26k who get 'lucky'. As 'natural wastage' (deaths/long term illness, moving away from area, change in financial circumstances, etc) is probably always around 5%, only a few percentage above that not renewing, immediately replaced by those on top of the waiting list, speaks very well of the club's fan base.

NSWE should really appreciate the vast majority of us have an upper limit - so NO above inflation rises next summer, please! I do appreciate inflation may be 10%+ by then.😟

I suppose death is exactly that, but my first thought on reading this was😱:

The Grim Reaper enters your room. What would you say to him/her? - Quora 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, John said:

I suppose death is exactly that, but my first thought on reading this was😱:

The Grim Reaper enters your room. What would you say to him/her? - Quora 

Yes, death is an unavoidable reason of not renewing. My family and I have sat in the same seat since the Holte Upper was completed in 1993. We've seen a few year-after-year season ticket holders who sit around us, pass away.😢 HEITS.

By 'natural wastage' I did mean normal turnover of those not renewing and didn't mean to disrespect those who sadly can't renew.😬

Edited by brommy
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I may be wrong about this but I reckon with the price increase this summer was the best chance for new season ticket holders for a while. Can see us having a really good season.

Fingers crossed!

It's a difficult conundrum - we all want a well funded, successful team playing in front of a sold out Villa Park but we also want reasonably priced tickets and for those on the waiting list to be happy.

Hopefully a 50k+ stadium and NSWE investing whilst not milking the Villa faithful any harder will help over the next few seasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brommy said:

Yes, death is an unavoidable reason of not renewing. My family and I have sat in the same seat since the Holte Upper was completed in 1993. We've seen a few year-after-year season ticket holders who sit around us, pass away.😢 HEITS.

By 'natural wastage' I did mean normal turnover of those not renewing and didn't mean to disrespect those who sadly can't renew.😬

I know:cheers:, we've all sadly seen that happen over the years, I like to think they are now watching us for free at that Villa Park in the sky. :flag:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Need to get this thread to the next page. (First post on this page).

You're not a fan of the bearded lady then?

On topic, although the price increase still sees us only being 10th on the list of cheapest season tickets, I think the inflation rate is going to see a lot of people on the waiting list bail.

It's different if you're already an ST holder.  You'll lose your seat, your history, it's "only" x% more than you paid last year.

For a new holders it was always infinite % more than you paid last year,  and now it's even more on top of what you thought. It's a terrible time to hike the prices,  even though it had to happen. Obviously there's enough on the list to see us still sell our allocation of the 3k or so that didn't renew, but I'll be intrigued to see how many are left after. 

• Like 2