Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

Just now, Stephen_Evans said:

Hopefully this won't be interpreted as a "better fan" comment but this is the reason I kept renewing year after year during the bad times.  Admittedly my circumstances permitted me to do so and I am very fortunate to have been able to do so.

No I get it, I had a season ticket through my teens and twenties and watched some right dross but my thirties were dominated by kids and shift work. Now I’m a member and go as much as I can, I’m on the waiting list and have been for a while. I don’t actually mind being a member as I still manage to go to most of the games but I will be disappointed if that figure drops massively. 

I should add that those who were season tickets holders through the worst times should be top of all priority lists now things are good again but so much of being able to actively attend football matches is down to personal circumstances. I’m just fed up that for the first time in about 15 years, my job doesn’t involve loads of evening and weekend working and I can’t make the most of it (from a football perspective).

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

yeah, i think anyone who doesn't renew next summer, they will just leave that seat empty rather than filling with a new season ticket holder from the waiting list.

Didn't we have 30k season ticket holders last year anyway, rather than 26k?  or has it always been 26k?

I thought we had 30k season ticket holders and around 26K+ renewed so quite a few being offered out to those on the waiting list. 

I was just assuming not everyone would renew again next season. Especially with a recession expected. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought we had 30k season ticket holders and around 26K+ renewed so quite a few being offered out to those on the waiting list. 

I was just assuming not everyone would renew again next season. Especially with a recession expected. 

oh right, so back up to the usual 30k season tickets once those people on the waiting list took up the option.

I can see why they'd want to leave non renewals empty next year.  We'll definitely sell out when we're reduced to 35k... and they'll make way more money from single ticket purchases than a season ticket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

oh right, so back up to the usual 30k season tickets once those people on the waiting list took up the option.

I guess that’s an option.  I suppose it will depend on how many renew next season. If we have a great season the renewal rate could be a lot higher which wouldn’t leave many tickets left over at all. 

However the resell option is quite good and I’m sure will be utilised a lot that year.

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

According to the club, this season saw the highest renewal rate we've ever had - we've lost about 1,500.

I’m confused - although maybe it’s my fault for skim reading. But how is it the highest renewal rate ever but with a loss of 1500, presumably on last year? 

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’m confused - although maybe it’s my fault for skim reading. But how is it the highest renewal rate ever but with a loss of 1500, presumably on last year? 

Often we have loads not renewing. Mcelish replacing Houllier for example must have seen a big drop. Or the later day Lambert era which was awful. You could get tickets on secondary ticket websites for about £12-15 for most premier league games in that era. So it was cheaper per game than bothering to get  a season ticket if you didn't mind being in the Upper Trinity. Well that is what I did anyway for a few years.

Edited by The Fun Factory

8 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Have season tickets sold out now? I need to stop watching my emails and getting excited when Villa email me about abseiling or something. 

I'd be surprised if there are any/many left. They're currently in the third group of referrals. So if we take the 1.5k that didn't renew to start...:

Assume 2k emails sent out in first wave, valid until 23rd June. 

Assume a 66% uptake, you're left with 666.

1000 emails sent out second wave, valid until 27th June.

Assume 66% uptake, your left with 6 remaining.

The third wave have until tomorrow to respond. I don't see there being many left.

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'd be surprised if there are any/many left. They're currently in the third group of referrals. So if we take the 1.5k that didn't renew to start...:

Assume 2k emails sent out in first wave, valid until 23rd June. 

Assume a 66% uptake, you're left with 666.

1000 emails sent out second wave, valid until 27th June.

Assume 66% uptake, your left with 6 remaining.

The third wave have until tomorrow to respond. I don't see there being many left.

Gutted. Last year of getting a student discount. Absolutely no chance when the capacity is reduced. Who knows what prices will be like by the time the new stand is finished. 

37 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I'd guess more than 1,500 didn't renew last year - so a higher percentage of the 30,000 have renewed this time around than in any other season.

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Skull chick? 

People die, people get born. There will always be turnover so there will always be a fair number that don’t renew offset by new customers. We must lose more than 1500 usually.

Edited by a m ole

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Well obviously,  we normally lose more than 1500 renewals.... not rocket science. 

Well obviously, that’s not how I read it, is it. It could actually be looked at more than one way. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd guess more than 1,500 didn't renew last year - so a higher percentage of the 30,000 have renewed this time around than in any other season.

Fair. See I read it initially as, 30k last year, lost 1500 renewals, so 28500 renewals this year! But as I said, I skim read so didn’t read the post properly, neither did I read the post before it. 

12 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Fair. See I read it initially as, 30k last year, lost 1500 renewals, so 28500 renewals this year! But as I said, I skim read so didn’t read the post properly, neither did I read the post before it. 

We’ve sold out the maximum available season tickets (around 30k) for a few years now. Of that 30k, I assume around 27 to 28k would be renewals, as there would naturally be a couple of thousand who didn’t renew through death, ageing or long term illness, change in economic or geographical circumstances, etc.), with the remaining 2 to 3k taken from the top of the waiting list.

This summer that renewal amount was 28.5k, hence the ‘highest renewal rate’ statement. The 1.5k at the top of the 26.5k waiting list then make up the total season tickets sold to 30k again.

1 hour ago, brommy said:

We’ve sold out the maximum available season tickets (around 30k) for a few years now. Of that 30k, I assume around 27 to 28k would be renewals, as there would naturally be a couple of thousand who didn’t renew through death, ageing or long term illness, change in economic or geographical circumstances, etc.), with the remaining 2 to 3k taken from the top of the waiting list.

This summer that renewal amount was 28.5k, hence the ‘highest renewal rate’ statement. The 1.5k at the top of the 26.5k waiting list then make up the total season tickets sold to 30k again.

Yep, and I have a feeling that the uptake from the top of the waiting list will be pretty high. Those people will have added themselves to the waiting list around the time we got promoted from the Championship, so good chance they are more excited with what they’re seeing now compared to what they expected when they added their name to the list.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yep, and I have a feeling that the uptake from the top of the waiting list will be pretty high. Those people will have added themselves to the waiting list around the time we got promoted from the Championship, so good chance they are more excited with what they’re seeing now compared to what they expected when they added their name to the list.

Yeah, but given they've still managed to hit wave 3 of extending the offer to more people on the waiting list, it does suggest some level of rejection.

I suspect largely for financial reasons. When the price of a tin of beans goes up nearly 70%, you know people won't have the cash they used to.