Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You can doubt all you want but Phillips isn’t going there to get very little game time with World Cup around the corner.  Rodri is special, I agree but Pep obviously sees something in Phillips and Phillips will have wanted assurances he’s going to get game time, no way would he not.  

I’m surprised by the deal as well but no chance he’s not getting game time.

I think you give Southgate too much credit 😂

• Haha 1

Another England international goes to Man City’s vanity project to try and force the nation to like them because “it’ll be good for the England team”

God, I hope we crash and burn at the tournament and Citehs little show ponies cop the blame…

• Like 2

Definitely good enough for us and Probably good enough for Man City... but he'll break down more often than Papershins. He'll probably suit their "you only play 25 games" rotational system better then anywhere else in the league .

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Definitely good enough for us and Probably good enough for Man City... but he'll break down more often than Papershins. He'll probably suit their "you only play 25 games" rotational system better then anywhere else in the league .

To be honest I think that was a big part of the  pitch they made to Joe last summer. We’ll look after you lad, you’ll only have to work half the time for 4 times the money. None of this playing with a knock rubbish. Don’t worry about your World Cup place, we know the manager, if you know what we mean……😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

To be honest I think that was a big part of the  pitch they made to Joe last summer. We’ll look after you lad, you’ll only have to work half the time for 4 times the money. None of this playing with a knock rubbish. Don’t worry about your World Cup place, we know the manager, if you know what we mean……😉

This. Grealish played more minutes last season for City than he did for us the season before, despite him Being a ‘£100m bench warmer’

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

This. Grealish played more minutes last season for City than he did for us the season before, despite him Being a ‘£100m bench warmer’

Truth and perceptions are often distant relatives. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Does that mean they'll sell Gundogan?

Probably wholly unrealistic but that would be amazing although of course he'll have 5-6 CL clubs after him.

Think he was released. They announced it before the last game of the season before he scored 2

To the Man City graveyard with ye, Phillips.

This has Rodwell vibes. Phillips is class but he isn’t infinite oil money class.

this season 20 starts. 
next season 10 starts

season after loan to Everton/West Ham/Villa

season after out of contract and move to Sheffield United or back to Leeds

season after released and gradual descent into punditry. 

Edited by Spoony

34 minutes ago, Spoony said:

To the Man City graveyard with ye, Phillips.

This has Rodwell vibes. Phillips is class but he isn’t infinite oil money class.

this season 20 starts. 
next season 10 starts

season after loan to Everton/West Ham/Villa

season after out of contract and move to Sheffield United or back to Leeds

season after released and gradual descent into punditry. 

Rodwell is better than Phillips. I think people dont realise how shit Phillips is

Phillips is garbage but City needed an English player. Its embarrassing 

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

Only because he got a ban after getting caught sprinkling MDMA into his cornflakes every morning. That injury that kept him out for half a season was a myth didnt you know :trollface:

spacer.png 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Remember, the big clubs will still buy players just so other clubs can't have them. This is why man City have bought Phillips.

This. And it has been happening and will continue to happen forever.

• Like 1

Â