Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Strange move that from City, highly doubt he'll play much for them. Backup for sure. 

He isn’t going there to be back up, he’ll be on good rotation with Rodri because he’ll have asked for assurances he’d get significant game time especially in a World Cup year.

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He isn’t going there to be back up, he’ll be on good rotation with Rodri because he’ll have asked for assurances he’d get significant game time especially in a World Cup year.

I doubt this. Rodri is a bit special and absolutely integral to how City play.

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That's the thing with city, so many of them look like rotational players but when they're going so far in 4 competitions there's 60 odd games to play 

If they can keep him healthy, which rotating him might help, he'll get 30 starts next season

29 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He'll be a direct replacement for a 37 year old Fernandinho. Will probably play about 25-30 games between all competitions but won't start any big games. The extra rest will be welcome for him as he has been suffering from burn out. Hope his career tanks from here though.

Southgate will probably say the move has improved him though, even if his form drops off a cliff. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I doubt this. Rodri is a bit special and absolutely integral to how City play.

You can doubt all you want but Phillips isn’t going there to get very little game time with World Cup around the corner.  Rodri is special, I agree but Pep obviously sees something in Phillips and Phillips will have wanted assurances he’s going to get game time, no way would he not.  

I’m surprised by the deal as well but no chance he’s not getting game time.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's the thing with city, so many of them look like rotational players but when they're going so far in 4 competitions there's 60 odd games to play 

If they can keep him healthy, which rotating him might help, he'll get 30 starts next season

I agree, he’ll get significant game time because the amount of games and quality of games plus the 5 sub rule.

34 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He could be sent to u23 and will still be a starter for Southgate. 

Â