Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

Be a shame to see Phillips go and sit on the bench because I can't see him getting in front of Rodri, certainly not in the big games, and he'll end up being Jack's fashion (or lack of it judging by those high heeled Uggs) mate. His choice though and he will be a wealthy bench warmer!

2 seasons Philips and Bissouma will be the Everton midfield fighting another relegation battle 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I'd be baffled if he ends up at City. They can do miles better than him. Pep will probably try to turn him into a centre half.

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if he was signed as todays ‘Delph’ except a right back.

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

Or importance to them turns to importance for us. Just being devils advocate.  He’s that important to them and we aren’t much better than them, if we brought him and he became important to us, that’s a win!  His price is high though! Sometimes though I’d rather pay PL tax than risk overseas player.

I haven’t made my mind up about Phillips and buying him but buying a key player from a rival who could be a key player for us sounds like a good idea to me.

over priced.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa89 said:

I'd be baffled if he ends up at City. They can do miles better than him. Pep will probably try to turn him into a centre half.

Actually City are always going to be on a different level. So whoever they take won’t improve them as much as they pay. It’s the success of other declining clubs which would be a long term problem for us. We have a big gap but you can sense that it’s not as it was (Liverpool are a decision or two from going back to fight for CL places). They’re the only real threat to City. So any team gets it right can start looking upwards. 
I’m not saying we’ll go that far, but the more teams gets weaker the better chance of us progressing.

To put it in another way, if you’re above City you’re almost probably the league winner, if you’re above Liverpool you’re most likely going to Europe. But getting above any of the top 6 could very much takes you to the conference league (or even no Europe). 

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Actually City are always going to be on a different level. So whoever they take won’t improve them as much as they pay. It’s the success of other declining clubs which would be a long term problem for us. We have a big gap but you can sense that it’s not as it was (Liverpool are a decision or two from going back to fight for CL places). They’re the only real threat to City. So any team gets it right can start looking upwards. 
I’m not saying we’ll go that far, but the more teams gets weaker the better chance of us progressing.

To put it in another way, if you’re above City you’re almost probably the league winner, if you’re above Liverpool you’re most likely going to Europe. But getting above any of the top 6 could very much takes you to the conference league (or even no Europe). 

God that's depressing.  We won't ever win, but we might lose more slowly.

19 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Hasn’t Southgate been quite open about the fact that he wants the England players playing at the highest level ie Champions League? So even if he’s not directly saying it to their faces, the implication and pressure is there.

Crazy thing with that statement is that his own captain and undroppable striker has not played champions league football for 3 years. Although to be fair Southgate might have written his transfer request for him last summer 

56 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Crazy thing with that statement is that his own captain and undroppable striker has not played champions league football for 3 years. Although to be fair Southgate might have written his transfer request for him last summer 

And that the highest level Southgate managed was relegating Middlesbrough 

6 hours ago, TRO said:

over priced.

Of course! No doubt.

Doesnt mean we don’t pay it to get him in for what he can do for us.  Again, just being devils advocate, I can’t make my mind up.

16 minutes ago, a m ole said:

And that the highest level Southgate managed was relegating Middlesbrough 

A charlatan’s charlatan hiding behind his pseudo intellectual, woke mask. Only the FA could possibly fall for it. I doubt there are many PL CEOs or chairmen, sorry chairpeople, who’d employ him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Of course! No doubt.

Doesnt mean we don’t pay it to get him in for what he can do for us.  Again, just being devils advocate, I can’t make my mind up.

I have, he’s overpriced and there’s better players for less money in Europe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

A charlatan’s charlatan hiding behind his pseudo intellectual, woke mask. Only the FA could possibly fall for it. I doubt there are many PL CEOs or chairmen, sorry chairpeople, who’d employ him. 

Not a chance, the most tactically limited manager England has had in my lifetime (we never got to see an Allardyce England side).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

It's typical Spurs, of course, but they're the only ones to finish above a Guardiola team and not win the league.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Of course! No doubt.

me too.....but I don't think we have to worry, he won't come to us.....he will see it as a sideways move as Leeds people do.

54 minutes ago, TRO said:

me too.....but I don't think we have to worry, he won't come to us.....he will see it as a sideways move as Leeds people do.

But the Gerrard factor 😉

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

With Jack Grealish providing the creative ;)

I can't see him letting football get in the way of his party career now. He's basically a human 21st Century Slurms Mackenzie.

• Haha 1

Â